Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

extracting power from plants?

Started by Koen1, October 31, 2007, 11:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koen1

Yes I know that one.

But that's not the same thing at all.
You can wrap aluminium foil around anyhting and use it as a crude antenna.
That is not what I mean.

I really mean using the active biochemical processes in the plant
to ultimately produce electrical output... ;)

triffid

I did read an article years ago about using bacteria(one celled plants) to make a battery with.No idea what happened to it.triffid

cyclops

I have obtained just over 1 volt DC from a (oleander?) spell check). I stuck the positive lead of my digital meter in the main stock of the plant and the negative to a 12'' x1/4'' piece of aluminum stock laying just below the surface. Checked the next day and received similar reading.

utilitarian

I am sure it is possible to extract energy from plants in some fashion.  The only question is cost efficiency.  The plant requires nutrients and so forth to keep itself alive.  I have a sneaking suspicion that if you took whatever nutrients the plant would have used during its lifetime, you could extract more energy from those if you did not have to deal with the plant at all, rather than somehow glean tiny amounts of energy the plant gives off, being careful not to kill the plant in the process.

one

Koen

Stubblefield  may  have been doing  something related to getting   energy from trees.

About  half way  down on this  page .     http://www.icehouse.net/john34/stubblefield.html

It  talks  about   people  finding  large  wires connected to  tree roots .

gary