Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

custom Alternator/generator design help

Started by avr3, January 02, 2008, 03:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelinho

Congrats avr3,

You have a winner there, in both design and execution. It's low cost and very easy to replicate. The wing can be used with other alternator designs too. Great project.

Take care,

Michel

avr3

thank you guys, i did not use a calculator to do this, i stated from scratch, i used cartboard and variouse things to get to the design and i tried it in many diffrnt configuration and this one works very well.

i am going to mount a 38 volts Ametek on it to show you that the mass and easy spinn plus the rpm will easilly produce power. the more wind and the more power you will have.

regards

khabe

I dont see any sketch about what you are planning to build. You are speaking about coils when air-gap motor -but just wires between magnetc flux are what have roles when spectacle named as air-gap machine, nothing to do with coils by literally means. wires could be wound like waves - no "coils"! Even when windings formed like "coils" even then only sides what cross with moving direction of magnets come to game - both sides have to meet magnets , one N another S,  at the same time - this is the only way to get good results.
Air-gap between magnets when two rotors or airgap between rotor magnets and returning iron need to be minmized - because windings ("coils") need to be pressed as much as possible.
When 1/2" thick magnets on both sides then te best result is possible when windings are beded in range of 1/4" - less is better, larger airgap reduces performance dramatic, causes needs for more turns - more turns causes needs for thinner wire ... etg ... and you nice daydream project will collapse as dominos effect.
And about thick or thin wire:
When air-gap machine then thicker wire causes discernable eddy losses - very seldom thicker than 0.5mm wire used - as thicker wire as more losses.
The only way is to use stranded enamelled copper or fabriced Litz wire.
regards,
khabe

avr3

thank you for your explanation, i think i understand.

it is all in testing, allways learning..

regards

khabe

Are you trying single phase generator?
I can read you "using  24 N50 2"x1"x.05 sitting flat on a 20" disc facing the coils" ... And then  ... " 22 14AWG coils" ...,
Looks like one phase, but not understandable choiced scheme,
Believe me - three phase Y will be much more better,
And what about  20" disc ... holly rumpus! - its more than half?n meter ...

herbert