Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

custom Alternator/generator design help

Started by avr3, January 02, 2008, 03:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avr3

the best help i got do far is to wind it at 45 times.

at 200 rpm using N50 and 14AWG it was suggested to me to wind it at 45 times,

does it sound ok??  i am not sure about it, it sounds like alot!!

if you any suggestion please pass it along.

thanks

avr3

the best help i got do far is to wind it at 45 times.

at 200 rpm using N50 and 14AWG it was suggested to me to wind it at 45 times,

does it sound ok??  i am not sure about it, it sounds like alot!!

if you any suggestion please pass it along.

thanks

fleebell

Most of the wind turbines that you see are optimized for about 650 rpm.  If you are only going to be turning about 200 rpm you are going to have to increase the coil windings by quite a bit.   I have just finished one using the 12 magnets per 2 rotors and 9 coil setups. My coils in this one have 400 turns. (that won't work using the 14 gage, your coil rotor would end up being way too thick.)  You can probably get away using about 200 if you increase the diameter out to a couple of feet and use a higher magnet coil number setup. (I'm charging a 24v system not 12)  That will work ok on a vertical but it would be a bit big for a horizontal type wind turbine.. 
Using only one magnet rotor you are going to loose a lot of power.   You really DO need a magnet rotor on both sides of the coils.  If not that at least wind some steel strips behind the coils to link the mag fields.  The link shown in one of the earlier messages has a good example of this.

Michelinho

Hi avr3,

You could test different types of coils when your rotor is up and running. Try bifilar coils to achieve higher voltage at lower rpm. If your motor as limited power, use the air core design. Try different form of coils like round for round magnets, oval or rectangular coils for square or rectangular coils. With paper, compass and ruler, you can design the shape of the coils to be used easy and with the mounted rotor, test them.

Hope this helps,

Michel

avr3

thanks very much for the reply but that was months ago.  here is what i got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CIUXy-E3W4

thanks you