Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

i wonder how much gas you would save if

Started by Haliburton, January 30, 2008, 04:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haliburton

If you where to set up a cars braking system to a winding spring system.  kind of like winding up a clocks spring.  Every time you would brake it would wind up a spring and lock it in to place.  As soon as you hit the gas it would release the tension and off you would go.  Imagine how much energy i wasted by hitting the brakes.  I know that knew cars have this tech but i think it is more on the electrical side of things.  I got that idea from watching the history channel.  long ago during the roman empire a man invented a car that worked on the clock spring system alone.  So I put two and two together and thought that it would be a great way to get more MPG.   I don't really know how it would set up because i just thought of it on the way home after hitting the brake about 50 times but i imagine it would be like a clutch of some sort. ::) 

Haliburton

WHAT no one thinks that is a good idea or what.  BOO WHO :'(.  so i figured that in would be mounted inline with the drive shaft.  This has to be the best idea since the car itself ;)

mapsrg

if you used magnetic discs you could generate power while braking with the proper design (already done)and use this generation to augment the power available to the vehicle no mechanical spring required

Haliburton

Yea i know about the magnet design but mine would be a whole lot more simple .  And no charging of any system is needed,  the cost of this system would not even come close to what is used in current designs.  Its just a high tension spring in a clutch like system.

Doug1

Walking gets good millage ,it's pretty simple. Think of all the springs you would save. Just mess'n with you. lol

The spring would break down and lose it's tension in too short of time span think of how many times you actually use your brakes.What happens in the cold when the spring freezes if it gets wet with moisture and suddenly lets go unexpectedly. Or some back yard mechanic is working on changing his U joints and loses an arm to the spring.
  hay I have an ex wife can I get one for her.