Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Peter Davey Heater

Started by storre, February 09, 2008, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

storre

Quote from: ramset on May 19, 2008, 12:05:28 PM
Storre   how big {physical size   full wave} would a 1920 HTZ  bell be?  do you think it would be close to Thrapps ball {two bells together] ? Chet

My guess is it's a little bit bigger than the bells that are shown in many of the Peter Davey pictures on this thread. I haven't started to make one yet but if I did I would start by making one about 25% bigger than what I estimate to be in the pictures and then grind down from their until I get one of the multiples of 60Hz. Then building more bells could be done to get closer to the size so not much grinding is necessary.

I don't think it would be close to the thrapp spheres. He might be creating his own pulses and arrived at that size to heat a larger amount of water and to make it easier to build.

edelind

@storre
Can you help me with a musician's opinion? Here's what I did: I got a bicycle bell and recorded its sound and analyzed with Audacity. I got 3 peak frequencies.
My idea was to apply one or more of those frequencies back to the bell and see how it behaves (I expected to resonate). Later I realized that it's better to play back its own sound. So I did it using some big speakers at a very high sound volume. But, surprisingly for me, it just didn't do anything at all. I tried with the individual peek frequencies too and also with a close range of vibrations, but still nothing on the bell.
The plan was to get it first to resonate to something at all and later bring it to the desired frequency (50Hz octave).
So, what do you think: maybe it's the speakers that does not generate a proper vibration? Maybe the sound from a true musical instrument is better to make a bell vibrate? Please share your opinion on this.

Thank you.

storre

Quote from: edelind on May 20, 2008, 09:07:23 AM
@storre
Can you help me with a musician's opinion? Here's what I did: I got a bicycle bell and recorded its sound and analyzed with Audacity. I got 3 peak frequencies.
My idea was to apply one or more of those frequencies back to the bell and see how it behaves (I expected to resonate). Later I realized that it's better to play back its own sound. So I did it using some big speakers at a very high sound volume. But, surprisingly for me, it just didn't do anything at all. I tried with the individual peek frequencies too and also with a close range of vibrations, but still nothing on the bell.
The plan was to get it first to resonate to something at all and later bring it to the desired frequency (50Hz octave).
So, what do you think: maybe it's the speakers that does not generate a proper vibration? Maybe the sound from a true musical instrument is better to make a bell vibrate? Please share your opinion on this.

Thank you.

Cylinders, bells  and really all ringing things make their own harmonics but I've never tried to analyze them in a computer. It's what most people would hear as a timbre in the sound. I've always done it by ear by hearing what would be the root of the harmonic series. Maybe if you record it and post it up here I can listen and tell you what the frequency is. That (I think) is the frequency you want to be at an octave harmonic of your mains frequency. The other harmonics will be in the mains also but I think it's the main vibration we want because it will be the strongest. I could of course be completely wrong since I haven't started to experiment with this yet. :)

ramset

Storre I was talking the actual total height top to bottom of the wave no harmonics full wave resonance how TALL would that sine wave be in the air[1920 htz]Thanks Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

storre

Quote from: ramset on May 20, 2008, 09:34:58 AM
Storre I was talking the actual total height top to bottom of the wave no harmonics full wave resonance how TALL would that sine wave be in the air[1920 htz]Thanks Chet

I really have no idea but I think tallness of the wave would refer to the amplitude, not the frequency. You might be looking for the width of the wave but personally I'm not going to try and calculate it when I make one because I'm pretty sure Peter didn't do that and trial and error is a lot faster than calculations. If you design the inner rod that is connected to the inner bell then you can put a nut on the top of this inner rod and slightly screw towards the bell or away from it to vary the distance between tests. Even a 1/4 turn on the nut would be a very fine adjustment I think. Just put some glasses of water and test how long it takes the water to boil or get to a certain temperature and then screw in our out 1/4 turn and test another glass.