Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Peter Davey Heater

Started by storre, February 09, 2008, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprocket

Quote from: nul-points on June 04, 2008, 02:06:28 PM
hi Sprocket

so i guess you haven't watched the more recent NZ news video where they visited him in his home and he demonstrated his handheld 'boiler'? or read the web copy of the NZ paper article with recent photos of him, aged 92?

i seem to remember reading he was born 1916 - if so, that would place the NZ paper article this year

i also seem to remember reading a 'follow-up' to those accounts you've just quoted where the Polish gentleman explained that 'Powers of Evil' had since then travelled back in time and rebuilt Davey's house

i don't know what they drink in Poland but i'm going to get myself a couple of bottles for New Year!

be well, friends
sandy
- well, I seem to have got things badly mixed up, chronologically speaking - I presumed this was the most up-to-date info! :D

I'm not sure if your time-travel remark was in jest, but if not, then, ahem.. we need go no further with this (with all due respect to the Polish gent.)...

Great to hear Mr. Davey is ok though!

nul-points

hi Sprocket - yes, great news that Mr Davey is still with us, still boiling water in his own very individual way, and can still play a saxophone at 92 - i'm very envious as i'm only about 60% of his age and already i can sense that arthritis will be stopping my bass playing within a few years  :(

as for the other rather  unusual  info i referenced - i think if you were to follow up other links relating to the gentleman you quoted you'ld find that account i mentioned - no joke

all the best
sandy
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

NerzhDishual

Hello Dr Ringwood,

Yes, IMO, you are a musician, with a very good sense of humor (that is not
indispensable, however, for playing bass guitar).
Your piece about Spitfire and surviving: LOL.

You also post 'faster than your shadow' (should this french expression be of any
meaning translated into English).

Yes, I have been busy. :P
I made some more experiments with some electrolysis devices.
I also made a web page about the way to 'tune' the Davey's bells (should
this be of any use, of course). BTW: my fuse was a 10 amps one.

http://freenrg.info/Sonettes_Davey/Davey_Tuning.html  <--- this page needs updates

@NewAge
I will download the wavanal software thanks for the link.

Best
Nolite mittere margaritas ante porcos.

forest

Hello from Poland,

Let me say about my theory which looks crazy but may be very accurate if you compare some facts.
I call it "magnetosonic motor-heater" . At this video : http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_-DUKQ4Uw you see a method of converting cavitation inside water into heat. Very efficient unfortunately very tedious.
Why ? Because it's mechanical , loud and uses too much electric energy and bearings would not hold out too long.

The same problem had Nikola Tesla with AC generator - how to avoid brushes ?

Solution is obvious (for us today) - rotating magnetic fields!

Now , it's the same technic, using cavitation to heat water, but water is spinned by sound waves rotating around bells or tubes ,because of applied 2 phase current.

Here is the proof that water could be moved by rotating sound wave : http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=9JJnklJTSjw

(similar was about Tiberian bowl but I can't find it right now)

Do you see bubbles ? the same bubbles which are in motor driven cavitation heater ! now we use a finest method to speed water rotation and then bubbles blow passing through holes heating water rapidly.

Here is electrical engineer needed to analyze how it is possible to use AC current with proper cavity to accelerate water so fast

Regards
Forest

nul-points

hi NerzhDishual and forest
(nice work on the bell tuning, ND, & vids showing acoustic effects on water, forest)

now we're cooking!!  :)

have you heard of sonoluminescence?

there was some discussion a few years back, i believe, that sonoluminescence may be an indicator of zero-point energy activity - an anomalous release of energy, caused by acoustic pressure

sonoluminescence (SL) is the generation of light from sound - it can be generated in water - difficult to re-create under lab conditions but can be observed apparently in some naturally ocurring situations like the bow-wake on a fast & powerful boat (so, no use using the seagull 1/4 HP here, ND!)

i found a site which shows how to recreate SL in the lab - quite involved - but check out this statement:

"...the actual mechanism by which sound is converted to light remains elusive, not least because of the difficulty in measuring the conditions inside a pulsating bubble whose diameter is measured in micro-meters. It is generally agreed that the adiabatic compression of the bubble leads to very high interior temperatures..."

the experiment i found was generating SL in single bubbles using a frequency of 25kHz - BUT - this frequency is only decided by the dimensions of the glass jar containing the water and the speed of sound in water (around 1500m/s apparently)

a standing wave is created in the water using sound; a bubble is introduced into the water artificially; the standing wave forces the bubble to the centre of the container; with the necessary level of sound input (about 1W into a couple of piezo transducers) SL could be caused inside the bubble

the SL effect worked best when the water was de-gassed - and one way of de-gassing water is to boil it!

soooo - did Peter Davey (or someone in his family, if it was them who were already involved in water-related technology, back around 1940s) stumble upon an effect when working with known concentric electrode heating of water - whereby if they had some looseness in the electrodes they found an anomalous effect (eg. greater efficiency in the heating of the water?)

would be interesting to know if the water in Davey's heater produces any light when operated in the dark

the original Patent just captured the necessity for looseness to allow vibration to occur during operation (but was it vibration at mains freq.? or was it general vibration due to motion of boiling water/steam bubbles?)

then later, Peter, whilst playing his sax & noting the resonant effect of different things vibrating with different sax notes, remembers the vibration effect in the water heater & thinks to himself "maybe the loose electrodes should be tuned to the mains frequency to increase the vibration - i'll try something tuned to a harmonic of the mains freq. 50Hz - what can i use? something metal which has a very pure resonant frequency, not too big - i know, a bicycle bell"

bicycle bells start disappearing all over Christchurch, New Zealand

he knows that the heater works best when the surfaces of the concentric heater run parallel to each other, and that wouldn't work with a central rod & 1 bell, so he comes up with a design which has two bells, one 'inside' the other

he leaves at least one of the bells slightly loose, perhaps, and tries it out - it works very well

the only trouble is that he keeps putting the 'live' heater down on the wet work surface in his kitchen after boiling water and all his family & friends refuse to come & have a cup of tea with him until he makes the thing safe - so he re-designs it inside an earthed outer-sphere

BUT...
- does he know why vibration of the electrodes is important?
- does he know that more heat energy is output than electrical energy is input?
- does he know whether the bells work better than tubes?
- does he know that a bell tuned to harmonic of 50Hz (his mains freq.) works better than one which isn't?

maybe, maybe not - he doesn't discuss results

that's where overunity.com comes in - it's up to people in the forum to investigate Peter Davey's device and answer these questions

BTW  ND, 'CoolEdit' looks good - but you might like to check out a PC App called Audacity - open source freeware - very professional - no registration - no limitations (i use it to produce MP3s from my live band recordings, i'm very impressed with it)
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra