Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Peter Davey Heater

Started by storre, February 09, 2008, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewAge

Quote from: devrimogun on May 15, 2008, 06:31:25 AM
@newage we know very little about this later model so lets concentrate on the earlier one.
According to hearsay, that one is already extraordinary!
Maybe we try to look for the patent? The first time he patented this heater in 1944 - see the New Zealand patent number 92.428 dated on 12 December 1944.

storre

Quote from: devrimogun on May 15, 2008, 06:11:50 AM
@storre thanks for sharing.
Before starting to build a replica make sure that your assumption that both are overall the same size is correct.
There are some photos that can be of use. There is also a drawing which I am sure you know about but I do not  know if it is exact.

Someone proposed to look for the patent and he is right.

Also, I am sure you know better then I do as a musician but I still would like to remind you that cone bells are not as good as
spheric bells. This I tell you from experience. Whenever I rang a bell that is cone shaped it did not sound as good or as long as
its spheric counterpart. Maybe I came across bad conic bells :)) Also remember that the holes of the cavity heater (the one with the motor) are not conic. These are just to make you think further.

Speaking of long sounding bells would a Tibetan singing bowl more efficient?

The pictures i've seen of Davey's 2 bell heaters has looked like the inner bell is smaller in diameter but sticks out further than the out bell so seems like they would be the same over all mass and the same frequency. The one that is a sphere may be more like Thrapps model with a probe going down the center to set up the primary vibration. The length of the probe (if that is indeed what he is doing in the sphere) might be a certain length also since it follows the same rule as a pendulum, length and period are exactly related and in resonance with the natural frequency of the sphere.

I've thought also that cones would not ring as good and probably why we haven't seen any made out of cones by Peter. I like the more natural shape of a sphere or half sphere so will probably pass on the cone idea.

What cavity heater with motor are you referring to?

The tibetan singing bowls might work but might be to heavy to ring easily. Can they be found in small sizes like peter uses? We could go with the next lower octave so use a bigger bowl and heat the water faster :) Could be at 800Hz but I'm just guessing.

NewAge

I found this page http://www.totalizm.nazwa.pl/boiler.htm written by a guy who lived in NZ and visited Peter Davey numerous times and took pictures of the heater. Described are details of the device as well as many photos.
You might want to see this one -- instant boiling @ 2.5A -- no conventional heater on Earth can do it!
Also, the sphere, according to him has just protective function, nothing more. Inside is the same semi-spheric design.

devrimogun

Quote from: NewAge on May 15, 2008, 09:55:55 AM
I found this page http://www.totalizm.nazwa.pl/boiler.htm written by a guy who lived in NZ and visited Peter Davey numerous times and took pictures of the heater. Described are details of the device as well as many photos.
You might want to see this one -- instant boiling @ 2.5A -- no conventional heater on Earth can do it!
Also, the sphere, according to him has just protective function, nothing more. Inside is the same semi-spheric design.

Yes he is the reason I believe that this may work. He also has a lot of other interesting things that he explains in this WEB site.
I wrote before that he also mentions that the amount of water does not matter.

devrimogun

Quote from: storre on May 15, 2008, 09:08:06 AM
The pictures i've seen of Davey's 2 bell heaters has looked like the inner bell is smaller in diameter but sticks out further than the out bell so seems like they would be the same over all mass and the same frequency. The one that is a sphere may be more like Thrapps model with a probe going down the center to set up the primary vibration. The length of the probe (if that is indeed what he is doing in the sphere) might be a certain length also since it follows the same rule as a pendulum, length and period are exactly related and in resonance with the natural frequency of the sphere.

I've thought also that cones would not ring as good and probably why we haven't seen any made out of cones by Peter. I like the more natural shape of a sphere or half sphere so will probably pass on the cone idea.

What cavity heater with motor are you referring to?

The tibetan singing bowls might work but might be to heavy to ring easily. Can they be found in small sizes like peter uses? We could go with the next lower octave so use a bigger bowl and heat the water faster :) Could be at 800Hz but I'm just guessing.

From the drawings and photos what I can see is that the smaller half sphere sticks further out but it is because it is mounted inside the bigger one 4-5mm outwards. So I believe that the lengths are almost the same. Make further investigations.

I could not find the link for the cavity heater with motor sorry. Just forget about it for the moment.

I think that your guesses on the frequencies could be correct. For the moment the best thing to do is to use about the same sizes and same shapes as the old man it seems like you got the way to adjust the inner one to a certain multiple of 50 (by grinding) but the other adjustment is a bit more tricky as what exactly is the tuning going to be made for?

Do you have an idea on that?