Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Peter Davey Heater

Started by storre, February 09, 2008, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerzhDishual

Hi Edelind (and others witty people).

Thanks for your experiments and for your .wav file.

I was Just wondering:
Giving back the bell his own 'sound' (= set of frequencies) is, perhaps,  not a so good idea.

Actually, you give it back the sound you would get when you play a guitar with a plectrum.
Please think about the 'Hawaiian Steel Guitar' versus Hard Rock Guitar.

The freqs could (should) be the same but not the 'Attack Decay Sustain Release'.
This ADSR is a very important part of any sound. I used to compose acousmatic music.
When AC plugged this bell is not so harshly solicited.

Best
Nolite mittere margaritas ante porcos.

Paul-R

Quote from: epeirce on May 20, 2008, 03:55:23 PM
Is 50hz a magic number for water? will 60hz do the same thing here in the states?
thanks,
e
You must tune to whatever frequency YOUR electricity runs at. Yes, 60 hz.
(or 120, 240, 480 etc.). A bicycle bell runs at near the 480 mark.

resonanceman

Quote from: edelind on May 18, 2008, 03:19:32 AM

As far the outer bell, I am not sure if it must be tunned too, but the most important thing is to have the same shape and to find (by successive tests) the correct distance between the two bells, so the vibrations emitted by the inner one to reflect into the outer one and return back to it, in phase (i.e. making a stationary wave). This way an avalanche of resonance effect will occur and the energy transfered to water will rise suddenly and huge, with the same small input. This is the beauty of resonance!

Edelind

I like the  idea  of   the cone shaped  bells

I know that they  will not ring as long .........but  they  may  work better  over all in spite of not  ringing as well

getting the  space  between the  rounded  bells  right   is a very big job .

The mouth of the bells stay the same  distance   apart,   only the  distance  at the centers  changes  .
To truly   adjust  the  distance   the bells are apart   while keeping the  distance  between the walls   the same you  would need  a new bell made for each  test . 

Also  ..... with  round bells   you  will always be  working  with harmonics  between the  different sized  bells .   
Cone shaped bells   could  all be tuned to the  exact same  frequency 

I also  question  if  tuning  the  sound   of the bell ringing  will help .       I don't think it will ring  the same  under water .     It is  clear  from the videos  that   it  doesn't make an audible  ringing  sound .

gary

NewAge

Here's the original patent of the "Elecrtical Immersion Heater": http://archive.beinsa.info/Heating/92428.pdf
It looks quite different than the bysicle bell design and reminds me somehow the Stanley design or a Joe cell.

edelind

Quote from: resonanceman on May 21, 2008, 08:13:33 PM

Edelind

I like the  idea  of   the cone shaped  bells

I know that they  will not ring as long .........but  they  may  work better  over all in spite of not  ringing as well

getting the  space  between the  rounded  bells  right   is a very big job .

The mouth of the bells stay the same  distance   apart,   only the  distance  at the centers  changes  .
To truly   adjust  the  distance   the bells are apart   while keeping the  distance  between the walls   the same you  would need  a new bell made for each  test . 

Also  ..... with  round bells   you  will always be  working  with harmonics  between the  different sized  bells .   
Cone shaped bells   could  all be tuned to the  exact same  frequency 

I also  question  if  tuning  the  sound   of the bell ringing  will help .       I don't think it will ring  the same  under water .     It is  clear  from the videos  that   it  doesn't make an audible  ringing  sound .

gary

Yes, I know what you are saying. I am also aware of the fact that changing the distance between two rounded bells will generate different distances between their walls. But I hope that for small distances this effect to be small enough to allow an acceptable quantities of stationary waves. I am still waiting for my stainless steel spheres to start testing (I will cut them in half, not testing with spheres, like in the last Davey video).

Still, I think cone shaped bell it's an interesting idea and may be indeed a step further, along with all the advantages you already mentioned.

Regarding the sound in the movie, I think it's normal that there is none, as the heater is only made to vibrate when inserted into water. And the vibration energy is completelly transformed into heat, so there is nothing to be heard (and even with a speaker, 50Hz is rather difficult to hear and I doubt that a such poor quality video will ever make such sound audible). We only use the sound to calibrate the inner bell.

Also, a final thought, the resonance of the bell is only a matter of its shape and of its internal composition, not of the surrounding medium. The medium will only tell how the vibration propagates (or is used). For example, here the vibration is converted to heat (brownian move), in air it may be heard as a sound, and when placing a finger on it, it will be transfered to the finger.  But the bell will still resonate as his own frequency, even poor. And I remember that Davey said that with the heater you can heat ANY type of liquid, so it's obvious that the liquid does not change the resonating frequency of the heater.

@NewAge Thank you for that patent. I'll check it too as soon as possible.