Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Peter Davey Heater

Started by storre, February 09, 2008, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resonanceman

Quote from: NewAge on May 22, 2008, 02:49:28 AM
Here's the original patent of the "Elecrtical Immersion Heater": http://archive.beinsa.info/Heating/92428.pdf
It looks quite different than the bysicle bell design and reminds me somehow the Stanley design or a Joe cell.

NewAge

Thanks for  the patent link

I havn't read it yet, but   you are right     it does  look like a Joe  cell

gary

resonanceman

Quote from: edelind on May 22, 2008, 07:17:19 AM
Yes, I know what you are saying. I am also aware of the fact that changing the distance between two rounded bells will generate different distances between their walls. But I hope that for small distances this effect to be small enough to allow an acceptable quantities of stationary waves. I am still waiting for my stainless steel spheres to start testing (I will cut them in half, not testing with spheres, like in the last Davey video).

Still, I think cone shaped bell it's an interesting idea and may be indeed a step further, along with all the advantages you already mentioned.

Regarding the sound in the movie, I think it's normal that there is none, as the heater is only made to vibrate when inserted into water. And the vibration energy is completelly transformed into heat, so there is nothing to be heard (and even with a speaker, 50Hz is rather difficult to hear and I doubt that a such poor quality video will ever make such sound audible). We only use the sound to calibrate the inner bell.

Also, a final thought, the resonance of the bell is only a matter of its shape and of its internal composition, not of the surrounding medium. The medium will only tell how the vibration propagates (or is used). For example, here the vibration is converted to heat (brownian move), in air it may be heard as a sound, and when placing a finger on it, it will be transfered to the finger.  But the bell will still resonate as his own frequency, even poor. And I remember that Davey said that with the heater you can heat ANY type of liquid, so it's obvious that the liquid does not change the resonating frequency of the heater.

@NewAge Thank you for that patent. I'll check it too as soon as possible.

Edelind

Good luck with   your  stainless spheres.

:)

Personally  I  don't think it  is physical ringing  ......I think  electrical  resonance is more likely to  do the trick.

Your   belief  that the bell will ring the same under water  is interesting .
I agree that  it will still resonate at the  same frequency , but I think the  water would have a very strong dampening effect  .
Anyone out there have a bell and a swimming  pool?
If  you are right   a person should  be able  to ring the bell  under water  and  not hear it from  above the water . 
They  would also  be able to hear  it  if  they  are under water .

As far  as this device  being able to heat ANY liquid ,   I  serously doubt that .   
So far everything   I know about has  some kind of exceptions .   Gravity  never stops ...........but things  still fly .
If  you had typed  this  statement  out  without  capatolising  the "any" I would have let  it go without commenting  .

gary

NewAge

OK, let's move back a little bit. We know only about a bell shaped heater prototype. However now we have the patent and we see a "Joe Cell" type heater. So it is clear that he initially used bells but later on pefected the design with cylindrical tubes, as seen in the patent. Which makes sense, because the uniform tube shape is much easier to tune than a bell.

Now, back in the 40s he did not have much choice but go throuogh trial and error untill geting the tubes in resonance. Today we have computers and all kind of simulation softwares, so something tells me it's wiser to do the maths first and calculate the size and thickness of a device similar to the one on the patent instead of guessing. Anyone capable of doing this?

storre

Quote from: NewAge on May 22, 2008, 02:18:42 PM
OK, let's move back a little bit. We know only about a bell shaped heater prototype. However now we have the patent and we see a "Joe Cell" type heater. So it is clear that he initially used bells but later on pefected the design with cylindrical tubes, as seen in the patent. Which makes sense, because the uniform tube shape is much easier to tune than a bell.

Now, back in the 40s he did not have much choice but go throuogh trial and error untill geting the tubes in resonance. Today we have computers and all kind of simulation softwares, so something tells me it's wiser to do the maths first and calculate the size and thickness of a device similar to the one on the patent instead of guessing. Anyone capable of doing this?

Or we can have a race :) Computer against the rest of us ;) Either way we win :) Why in the videos of him laterly where he appears to be in his 90s does he have what seems like the 2 bell design type? Seems doing it with tubes would be easier to construct and tune. Does he have any other patents? Maybe earlier or later designs that would clue us in as to the key to getting it so efficient.

resonanceman

Quote from: NewAge on May 22, 2008, 02:18:42 PM

I don't think that we can assume what he started with or what he ended up with .
If  in the 90s he only had a bell type device  handy   that is what he would use   for a video

If you look at the  patent .   the  tubes are held by there ends .
That is not the way that they would be held  if  physical resonance  was  what was doing the work .

For physical  resonace  the  tubes should  be held  about 1/3 of the way from the ends . ( from my  observations )

I do remember reading somewhere that   a capacitor made with tubes  can have over unity  effects .

gary