Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Closed chamber Stirling engine generator.

Started by Groundloop, February 29, 2008, 07:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groundloop

@Gearhead,

When we use a internal combusting engine then 1/3 of the energy form the fuel goes out the exhaust port,
1/3 is lost as heat and 1/3 is used to propel your car.

With a thermoacoustic engine (or the MEMS-TAR system) we can use 1/2 of the former gas need,
now converted to electricity and then use a highly effective electric motor to run the car.

Groundloop.

Groundloop

@tinu,

You are right. My first drawing with one piston will not work very well.
I have made a new one. Do you think that this method will work?

The "cold piston" is free to float on the steel axle. At both sides there is springs.
Two small plates welded to the steel axle will push the cold piston back and forth
but at a slight delay because of the springs. At the other ends of the welded plates
there is springs to restrict the maximum travel the warm piston can have.

Groundloop.

tinu

Hi Groundloop,

I?m afraid that it will not work either, but who really knows?!
The way I see it, the gas to the left of the hot piston is not doing well. It is heating and expanding at first. Then, it will relatively quickly reach thermal equilibrium, having basically the same temperature as Thot. Now you plan to push the red/hot piston to the left and somehow to repeat the process. But this will compress the already hot gas, making it hotter than the hot source itself. To me it doesn?t looks right; a thermodynamic engine always takes heat from the hot source and transfers it to the cold one, producing some work in the process, while here heat seems to be transferred to the hot side.

Cheers,
Tinu

Groundloop

@tinu,

Are you sure? If we put heat on the hot cylinder the gas inside will expand pushing the blue piston
to the right. The blue piston will compress the spring while moving right until the next spring stops
the piston. The red piston will also move to the right because the blue piston is pushing the spring.
Now we have moved a expanded hot gas to a water cooled area and the gas will cool. The blue piston
will (by the spring action) move left again and push the red piston left thus filling new cool gas in the hot
area. Since the blue piston has more mass than the red piston then the compression will happen.

Any reason that I'm wrong here?

Groundloop.

tinu

@Groundloop,

I?m not saying you are wrong. You may be well right. But to me, the drawing is still not clear.
Question is: what is the red ?piston?? Is it a ?piston? or it is a ?displacer??
By ?piston? one usually understands a perfectly gas-tight setup. On contrary, by ?displacer? one understands that it is not gas-tight at all: there is a space large enough that allows gas to almost freely pass from one side to the other (left-right).
Usually using two pistons does not make sense (one is redundant) and Stirling is based on one piston and one displacer. The role of the displacer is extremely important; it is actually the 'heart' of Stirling engine. The ?brain? is given by a phase difference of about 90degrees between piston and displacer, that being ensured through appropriate mechanical links to a flywheel. I don?t know if a spring setup is able of ensuring the same phase difference (it may be) but until that point I was having question marks in properly reading the drawing.

Tinu