Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Closed chamber Stirling engine generator.

Started by Groundloop, February 29, 2008, 07:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AhuraMazda

The guy in this video demonstrated an engine like the one you talk about. I am not sure if this is that specific video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ofsxZfu9rW0&feature=related

AM

Groundloop

@tinu,

I did put a big smile in there, did I not?  ;D I'm terrible at math. Are you able to compute
approx. how much energy we can get from a temperature difference created from a 1 sq. meter
parabolic disc focused on the hot side of a Striling engine? What I mean, how big must the motor be to
get approx. 300 Watt from the sun? How big is a 1/2 horse power Stirling engine?

One advantage I see with my idea is the closed one piston engine. No need to use any complicated seals etc.
The piston can be made of very light material so the only weight will be the axle and magnet.

Groundloop.

Groundloop

@AhuraMazda,

No, the video you posted is not related.

This video is.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3O1xacAu4jA

My big difference is to get rid of the loss by not using flywheels.
Also since the engine is closed there is no need for exspensive and difficult seals etc.

Groundloop.

Gearhead

In the 1970's there was a closed, sealed, free piston stirling engine with a parabolic mirror being offered for sale in Popular Science Magazine that was claimed to be able to produce 100 watts.  I remember the story about how they kept experimenting with different weights of pistons until they got a resonant system that worked.

Groundloop

@Gearhead,

Thank you for the information. Do you remember where or who? Maybe a web link?

I have decided to try out my idea, making a prototype. I will use a 46 cm parabolic mirror.
I will also use water cooling on the "cold" part of the engine. The maximum temperature
with a small parabola like that will be 400 - 600 degrees Centigrade on the warm side of
the motor. Depending on how much help I will get on this forum my project will take from
some few weeks to a year to complete. I have computed the total cost of this project
to be approx. 4500,- NOK. (865USD). My goal is to beet the output of a solar panel of
equal area as a 46cm parabola.

Groundloop.