Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Solar cooling using "Hypo"

Started by joegatt, August 05, 2005, 09:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegatt

Here's a new idea for solar cooling. I call it the Hypo Conveyor. It uses Sodium Thiosulphate, also known as "Hypo" for its use in chemical based
photography.

Dissolving some Hypo crystals in an equal volume of water at room temperature results in a solution whose temperature is approximately 10Celcius lower than the surroundings. After being used as a coolant, the solution can then be dried back to crystals by evaporation in direct sunshine.? For continuous cooling, a system that keeps the hypo moving is desirable. However, as part of the cycle involves handling solid crystals, the chemical cannot be carried through a pipe in the same way used for fluid coolants.

A conveyor belt would have to be set up to keep the coolant moving. It would be difficult to construct a conveyer belt with hundreds of tiny pockets to trap droplets of the solution. So a simpler approach would be to absorb the solution in a conveyer belt made of string or cloth.

Regards
Joseph

electrospark

i am not familiar with chemistry but it sure looks interesting!  :P

MarkE

Quote from: joegatt on August 05, 2005, 09:34:23 PM
Here's a new idea for solar cooling. I call it the Hypo Conveyor. It uses Sodium Thiosulphate, also known as "Hypo" for its use in chemical based
photography.

Dissolving some Hypo crystals in an equal volume of water at room temperature results in a solution whose temperature is approximately 10Celcius lower than the surroundings. After being used as a coolant, the solution can then be dried back to crystals by evaporation in direct sunshine.? For continuous cooling, a system that keeps the hypo moving is desirable. However, as part of the cycle involves handling solid crystals, the chemical cannot be carried through a pipe in the same way used for fluid coolants.

A conveyor belt would have to be set up to keep the coolant moving. It would be difficult to construct a conveyer belt with hundreds of tiny pockets to trap droplets of the solution. So a simpler approach would be to absorb the solution in a conveyer belt made of string or cloth.

Regards
Joseph
When you get to a design, you can compare that to solar powered adsorption based heat pumps for cost, complexity, and performance.