Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Perpetual motion clock!?

Started by scorpio, March 30, 2008, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sveinr

Hi all.

Have a look at this!

http://www.marcdatabase.com/~lemur/rbc-congreve.html

It is written:

Dr. Winter also wished to produce, as much as possible, the illusion of perpetual motion. As he says in his 1923 article, "I have aimed in my design at hiding the means by which the inclined plane is rocked backwards and forwards; there is no visible connection between this and the hands although they obviously move simultaneously." To this end, the signal that the ball has reached the end of its travel and that the table should rock back is made electrically. Further, the electric wires are run through holes hidden in the mechanism.

gyulasun

Quote from: sveinr on April 01, 2008, 10:32:52 AM
Hi all.

Have a look at this!

http://www.marcdatabase.com/~lemur/rbc-congreve.html

It is written:

Dr. Winter also wished to produce, as much as possible, the illusion of perpetual motion. As he says in his 1923 article, "I have aimed in my design at hiding the means by which the inclined plane is rocked backwards and forwards; there is no visible connection between this and the hands although they obviously move simultaneously." To this end, the signal that the ball has reached the end of its travel and that the table should rock back is made electrically. Further, the electric wires are run through holes hidden in the mechanism.

Hi Sveinr and all,

I understand that Dr Winter used some modifications of his era (the 1920s) by using "electric wires" or "hiding the means" when he replicated the rolling ball clock. But from all this you quoted it still does not come the clock shown on display in the British Museum of London also works by some "hidden means". 
Of course I do not know yet this for certain and nor do I know yet exactly how the tilting of the plane (i.e. the table with the grooves on its surface)  is maintained but here is the description from William Congreve, the inventor's patent of 1808:
Fig. 4 is a clock in which the detachment is carried to a still greater extent. a, b, Fig. 4, is an inclined plane fourteen inches long and eight inches wide, having thirty grooves cut in it, as shewn in plan Fig. 5; along these grooves a small ball runs from a to b, or from c to d, according as the plane is inclined one way or the other. Now this plane is calculated at a certain inclination to give exactly one minute for the time of the ball's motion from one end of it to the other, where, having arrived at the lowest point, it strikes a lever n connected with the detent e, and unlocking it the maintaining power is allowed to act for a moment for the purpose of shifting the plane (which is most accurately balanced on a knife edge) into the position c, d, that the ball may run back again in another minute to the opposite extremeity of the plane, where it again unlocks the same detent by a corresponding lever m connected with it. The velocity of the ball is no greater at the bottom of the plane than at the end of the first groove, for the acceleration required in each groove is destroyed by the small brass deflectors z, z, z, z, &c., Fig. 5, at the end of each groove, which turn the ball into the opposite direction of each succeeding groove; neither is the ball allowed to stop the least instant of time during the shifting of the plane, but is immediately thrown back on its return by the action of a small crooked arm so regulated by its form and pressure as instantly upon the ball's striking the lever to throw it back, and keep it moving on its return until the shifting of the plane is completed with the mean velocity of its motion on the plane when so shifted, so that no inequality produced by the first power in the time of the planes shifting can make any variation in the whole time of the ball's motion from one end of the plane to the other, for, whether the plane rises faster or slower, the ball always returns at the same rate without a moment's pause.

The Figures are here:  http://www.marcdatabase.com/~lemur/rbc-congreve-patent.html

Obviously there must be more to this mechanics what is shown and I am not at all certain yet the clock on display in the museum is a hoax in that its operation is kept by a hidden source.  I hope sooner or later we can learn more about it.

rgds,  Gyula

powercat

Bill Mehess has invented a system in which a clock pendulum mechanism swings magnets into coils, allegedly generating enough electricity to recharge the clock spring as well as power other devices   

http://pesn.com/2007/03/24/9500464_BillMahess_pendulum_clock_generator/

pc
When logic and proportion Have fallen
Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall