Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Such thing as too small of AWG? 44?

Started by EvilXBOX, April 04, 2008, 02:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z.monkey

He he,

Alright, if you don't know ohms, then you are going to need to back up a little bit.  DC circuits?  Electricity 101.  We all start humble.  I want you to think about what we have covered today.  Then go get a book about Basic Electronics, and read it, then we'll go again...

Blessed Be Brother...
Goodwill to All, for All is One!

EvilXBOX

Please correct me if I am wrong.
The table shows values in Ohms.
I=V/R
I Current in Amperes
V Volts
R Resistance in Ohms

44     2593.                  .0020
2,000V
.771307366=2000/2593

Also for 36 AWG, 414.8 Ohms
4.821600771=2000/414.8

I want the smallest number of Amps, MILLIAMPS, like I said, becasue the advantage is the 2,000V, what we are playing with is FLUX, so not alot of electricity, but a huge flux(huge voltage) means better flux.

So am I right that the smaller of the two I calculated is better for my project? It does make sense

z.monkey

Chris,

Magnetic Flux, or Magneto Motive Force,  is calculated with Ampere Turns.  The small wire is going to give you better flux when you have a limited current.  The size of the wire limits the amount of current you can put through the wire.  So with the small wire you can put X current through the coil times the number of turns which will determine the MMF (Magneto Motive Force) that the coil will produce. The only things that you can do to improve the MMF is to increase the number of windings or increase the size of the wire.  Increasing the number of windings increases the DC resistance, which limits the amount of current, and more or less leaves the coil with the same amount of MMF.  Or you can increase the size of the wire which increases the amount of current which increases the amount of MMF.

The resistance value on the chart is in ohms per 1000 feet.  So you would to need to know the actual length of the wire in the coil to calculate the actual resistance.  There are a lot of factors in this calculation of inductor values.

Check this out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductance
And this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductor

I think you need to get some fundamentals down before you start trying to build advanced projects.

Don't worry dude, you'll be working on cool projects before you know it...

OK, the season premier of Battlestar Galactica is almost on, I gotta go...
Goodwill to All, for All is One!

EvilXBOX

From what I read the number of turns is more of the benifit, and the bigger wires are amperage hogs, the resistance actually isn't that much when you have 12,000 more turns because it can fit in that space better than the bigger wire.
But I will try to find some of my old equations and calculate some things before I go ahead with this spool, but it seems like a very good deal.
Plus the informaiton I have ALL say that the smaller the gauge, the btter, and are exampled with 32 and 36 AWG, and these are credible sources.
But I will find the correct equations...would you like me to respond in this thread still?

EvilXBOX

My calculations are showing that the 36 AWG is ~6.2 times as density in the flux than 44AWG
I was doing calculations at the 1LB...but I guess the problem is that my doc is not doing correct proprtions, comparing 200 turns to 2,000 turns.
The other problem is why I started this thread, kind of...it was the length aspect did not outweigh the turn aspect

1lb of 44AWG is 80,000ft
1lb of 36AWG is 12,380ft

44AWG = .771307366 Amps
36AWG = 4.821600771 Amps
(from above posts)

2ft circumference
40,000 turns of 44AWG
6,190 turns of 36AWG

B, the Magnetic Flux density = Ni/l

40,000*.77/80,000=.385653683
6190*4.8/12380=2.410800386

2.410800386/.385653683 = 6.25120

So, I guess I figured out the if I always use 1lb(WHICH IS PROBLY THE OTHER INCONSISTENCY, AS BIGGER WIRE USUALLY HAVE FAR LESS TURNS/LESS WEIGHT...I NEED SOMEONE TO VERIFY THIS/GIVE ME CALCULATIONS)...and since the resistance is prob exponential, then the length and turns start to decrease power(even though the doc says MILIAMPS, AGAIN, VERIFY?? AS IT THEN USES LESS ELECTRICTY, AND I CAN EVEN MAKE THE SMALLER WIRE, BIGGER AWG, SPIN ONCE OR MORE TIMES??)
...so is it all about the resistance?
should I do more calculations and figure out which is actually the best?

(when I switch to meters it was the same proportions)