Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

OU/COP>1 switched cap PS cct like Tesla's 'charge siphoning'

Started by nul-points, April 04, 2008, 11:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feynman

Wow, again , great calculations my friend.

I will try to understand this and maybe comment... perhaps someone understands this better at the moment?

nul-points

thanks Feynman, the calcs are mostly Ohms Law & V * I power - i'm just trying to compare the Energy in against the Energy out in my switched-cap Power Supply test circuit and hopefully be as thorough as possible in covering the main gains and losses

the operation of the circuit itself is pretty simple - a small amount of charge is switched from an input source (eg battery, wall-wart or charged super-cap) and used to rapidly charge a small cap

this charge is then switched to an output load as required - lamp, battery, motor - whatever (i'm just using a resistor in these tests here, to make measurement easier, but i've also run the usual LEDs & motors as output loads, too)

the whole process is repeated at some frequency (in my test circuit here it cycles at a few hundred Hz)

the way the circuit switches charge from input to output makes it operate like one branch of a 'Tesla Switch'

i've also had the circuit operating with a small DC motor connected between the input source and the switched capacitor so the motor was running from the charge that was being switched into the cap and the circuit was still providing output to the load

i think i saw in a thread here in Overunity that someone said something like "it would be cool if we could just produce a self-powered OU equivalent of a wall-wart / power-brick PSU"

although the values for this circut are now showing OU operation it's a long way from being self-powered at the moment - but it'll be interesting to see how much it can be improved and whether it's possible to increase output efficiency & reduce losses enough to try for a self-runner

more experiments to follow, watch this space...
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

Koen1

Wow, I hadn't visited this thread for a while...

did you actually manage to get a Tesla/Brand/Bedini switch circuit "battery back-popper"
to work with only capacitors??  :o

Yep, that's what I seem to be reading here... wowsers!

Great stuff man! :D

I've been waiting for people to finally do away with the batteries in such types of systems,
and this may finally be it! ;D
Keep it up!
The worlds very first gridless and batteryless power socket is coming up, I can feel it! :) ;D

nul-points

thanks Koen, i think it's early days yet before we see some cool stuff like that, but there's a lot of good work being done here at OverUnity, pushing back the frontiers

at the moment, the circuit is switching charge like the Tesla Switch but it's unidirectional - it's transferring charge from an input supply (of whatever kind) to the output load - which could be another capacitor, if required - but the charge doesn't get reflected back to the input again

i just made the circuit to test the relative energy transfer of capacitors when charging & discharging - it was only after i started running some tests, & looking for background info on the web, that i discovered i had effectively made a switched-mode power supply

i don't know if it will be possible to improve the efficiency to the point where the loop can be closed to self-sustain - or even if the aether/zpe/vacuum-medium will allow such a paradox

it may be that we'll find that we always need to apply some power ourselves in order to 'maintain' the flow of 'free energy' - in other words we might always have to pay a little in order to get a lot of free stuff back

the values i'm getting for this circuit suggest that although it appears to be truly OU (considering total energy expended for energy input) the efficiency ratio of the 'intended output' to the input is currently in the 0.6-0.8 region

of course, if you want to warm your house as well as power the load then you'll get full benefit of its COP > 1 operation!  :)

there's been an unexpected development today - i wanted to get a measured reading for the current in the charging branch, rather than just derive it from the energy difference on the input cap, so i added a 1R resistor in series with the switched cap and the measured value from the scope is so unexpected that i want to try & get an old research friend to review what seems to be happening

i've confirmed the measurement with different value resistors so it's either something weird & interesting - or i've got a conversion factor wrong somewhere

... i realise the odds are against 'weird & interesting'!  ;)

nul-points

well, the 'weird & interesting' measurement isn't resolved - measuring the input current drawn using a 1R resistor didn't agree (like a factor of around two) with the current drawn using the energy-in from capacitor voltage levels divided by the average volts-in & time - i think the cap volts-energy-in method is the more reliable, so i've gone back to that & stuck with Energy measurements & comparisons

however, the good news is that by adding a series load resistor inline with the output cap i've been able to reclaim the automatic 50% input energy losses into the load, so now the whole circuit is OU - not just the switched cap to output section

i'm hoping to update my earlier posts in this thread with the results, but in the meantime i've created a website with the relevant details about the whole Charge & Energy Conservation violation results:-
  http://ringcomps.co.uk/doc

@NerzhDishual
using a DC motor between energy stores works but (at least with my motor) an inductance with air-gap seems to give better results - i'm now getting COP =1.2 on whole circuit - ie. (switching + output energy)/energy in