Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

CALCULATING WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION ON A WHEEL.

Started by mapsrg, April 05, 2008, 04:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapsrg

If a large wheel has rotation with a weight mounted at 3 oclock  would that weight be divided evenly at 1,2,3,4,5 oclock to achieve the  same force?On the other side of the wheel work is being done ie there is a resistance to this rotation ........

shruggedatlas

Quote from: mapsrg on April 05, 2008, 04:54:18 PM
If a large wheel has rotation with a weight mounted at 3 oclock  would that weight be divided evenly at 1,2,3,4,5 oclock to achieve the  same force?On the other side of the wheel work is being done ie there is a resistance to this rotation ........

I believe that torque is greatest at 3 o'clock, because there gravity helps you the most, as gravity has the best angle to do work.  Hope I am not missing something simple.  I am not an expert.

AB Hammer

How we understand weight on a wheel is allot more complicated than you know. But yes 3 o'clock is the strongest point if that is the only weight on the wheel. Each time you spread the weight it changes. For instance if you have 2 weights on the wheel across from each other and spin it the weights will end up at like 2 and 8 o'clock positions not the 3 and 9 but if you pull it up to it, it will stay.
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

Alexioco

I thought 2 o clock wouldt be the most strong?
The love of God is great and true,
A special thing for Him and you,
A perfect friend, a Father too,
Lift up your hearts for He is true.

mapsrg

I have made the following calculations for weight distribution....3oclock 100% ,that is maximum distance from centre of rotation .This means at the 12 oclock position the distance is effectively 0 as a line drawn down is right on the centre of rotation.At 1oclock it is 50% of the distance and at 2oclock @90%.