Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Stubblefield coils (bifilar) and speculations

Started by Pirate88179, April 09, 2008, 09:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

protonmom

I should probably ask this question in the jt forum, but will ask it here also.  (Actually I did ask this once before, but never got an answer to it.)
Could someone please give me a shopping list of the type/number for any diodes, resistors, transistors, caps, etc., I would need to make a proper workinng jt?  Also where is the best online place to buy these parts? 
I saw some so-called super caps on ebay but they were those cylinder type caps.  Do we use those big ones, or the flat round ones?  Can any parts off old computer monitors or television sets be used for the jt?  Also, I have Fuji, Kodak, Polaroid, and many off-brand instant cams.  I know there are diagrams for some of them but has anyone tried those off-brand ones?  They would be such names as Walmart, Rite-aid, etc.  I just hate to throw out all those cameras if they can be used.

Also, Jeanna:  Could you tell me again, how to tell which of the Fuji cams is the best one to use?  I don't have many labels remaining on these cameras...just enough of the label to show it is Fuji...so is there some other marking inside, perhaps, that would show me I have the correct one?  Maybe you have a picture of the innards of that one?  Thanks.

jeanna

Quote from: protonmom on August 19, 2009, 08:18:05 AM
Could someone please give me a shopping list of the type/number for any diodes, resistors, transistors, caps, etc., I would need to make a proper workinng jt?  Also where is the best online place to buy these parts? 
Shopping list.
You will get 10 toroids so notice that you can get 10 of everything else. Verrrry cheap.
Allelectronics is my source. There is no minimum and the shipping is flat $7.
Tor-23   10/$1 I love this little guy.
1K ohm resistor 10/$0.50
Get a 1k ohm pot. 5/$1 while you are paying for shipping.
2N3904 5/$0.75
or
2N2222 same price so maybe get some of each.
Plus, you will very soon want at least one 2N3055. ($1.35, I think.)
Battery holders are 70 cents each, but very difficult to make well. I get 5 AAA and 5AA just to have a variety.
They have some leds that are bright enough, so get 5 or 6. Later you can get 100/$9.00 from china on ebay.

Get one or 2 of their small breadboards to save on de-soldering when you experiment.

Electronic goldmine has my second favorite which I use to make real winning MK1 toroids.
It is called a medium filter and is also used as an inductor. It has red wire on 2 sides.
The goldmine also has a cheap toroid called medium.
It is a bigger one that lots of people have but I do not like it very much. It is 5/$1.
The goldmine has good prices too but has a minimum order size of $10, I think, so I usually keep a list going for goldmine purchases.
The shipping is also $7.
Also, I have experienced more delays with the goldmine than with allelectronics.
They are both good places.

QuoteCan any parts off old computer monitors or television sets be used for the jt?
Yes, but others need to help here.

QuoteAlso, I have Fuji, ...  I just hate to throw out all those cameras if they can be used.
They can usually be made to work, but you need to look at the circuits page that Bill put up to get those.
My pic of the right fuji is there too.
Look in the joule thief forum area then choose the one called circuit diagrams or like that.

Briefly, you want the fuji that has the black smooth button on the front.
This camera uses a AA not a tripleA.
Freeenergy found a third fuji so I don't know anymore.
It is one of the main reasons to wind them yourself.

As far a the best instruction is concerned, I like the video from makezine the best.
I remember now, that you cannot watch this, but if you can somehow get to a library or friend's place,
it watch it 3 times then go for it.
They have a pdf at makezine that helps too.

Bill used the instructables one, but I think there might be a mistake or a part that is unclear about the wire connections.
But at least that is not a video.

I am sorry for not answering before!

jeanna

protonmom

;D Jeanna, thank you very much!  That is very helpful, and now I can start ordering.  I just didn't want to go off in a hurry and order the wrong items.
It looks like I will go with allelectronics.  I have not been to their website yet, but if YOU buy there, they must be good.  (I highly respect your opinion)
Not a problem that my ? never got answered before as we all get so busy.
Well, I will go check out that site and see what goodies they have to offer.  Thank you again! ;D

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: jeanna said:
quote]
Yes, but others need to help here.
Additional parts for the JT?

If you want high voltage, a defunct CRT filament tube from a TV will have a high voltage transformer and so will a microwave oven(the  Microwave O ven Transformer---MOT).

These can even be found by the sidewalk or road as junk.  For free.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

the_big_m_in_ok

the_big_m_in_ok said:
If you want high voltage, a defunct CRT filament tube from a TV will have a high voltage transformer built into the chassis and so will a microwave oven(the  Microwave O ven Transformer---MOT).
--Lee
What I meant was a transformer that gives a step-up ratio in voltage of, say, 500-1000:1 .  Car ignition coils work just as well.
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.