Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why are magnets influenced by DC power and not AC?

Started by exxcomm0n, April 20, 2008, 02:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exxcomm0n

Hi all,

I'm playing around w/ HHO production after stumbling across it on YouTube and being greatly encouraged by others that are willing to try.

In playing w/ different electrode designs I "discovered" a weird effect.

If I held my Ne? extra strong magnet next to a parallel electrode I'd built, it seemed to vibrate @ the same hertz hum as the battery charger supplying my DC current. I could also induce a swing in the DC side electric cords by waving the magnets next to it. It also gave the same types of vibrations.

When I tried the same things on the AC side I got barely (if any) vibration and no ability to influence the AC supply  cord.

I appeal to the (much more than I) learned amongst you to help me w/ my pitiful understanding of electromagnetic as to why this would be?

Is it that DC power is N/S "aligned" and that is why it buzzes and the AC current is switching polarity too fast to generate the field to induce the buzzing?

What is the frequency I feel on the DC side? The hertz value of the transformer?

I'm very new @ this and apologize if this is a much touched upon subject that has easily found answers here @ OU.

Thank you!

[EDIT] (very poor) video of the effect available at  http://www.youtube.com/v/cxSUan90Ry4
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

PYRODIN123321

I DONT KNOW MUCH MORE THAN YOU.. BUT IT MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE PHASE OF THE AC AND IF THE DC LINE IS A DUAL LINE +&- THEN THERE IS A FEILD BETWEEN AND AROUND THE TWO LINES LIKE A LONG ELECTROMAGNET THE MORE AMPS THE STRONGER THE FEILD, THATS WHY IT WORKS BETTER ONE WAY THAN THE OTHER...PLUS AND MINUS ARE LIKE NORTH AND SOUTH
Peace.

exxcomm0n

Thanks for the reply!

With fooling with it more, I've found the N/S = +/- affinity.

Strange as I would think of a magnetic field being generated as "wasted energy". Like the heat caused by resistance.

In your diagram (nicely done BTW!) the fields are shown in the coupled DC line as radiating much farther out to either side than it does where cord is joined. Does magnetic "resistance" (I would think of both fields trying to radiate out and feeling the opposing force of the opposing field where the cord is joined being resistance) ever generate heat?

I may seem very ignorant of some rather standard concepts with electromagnetism, but it doesn't matter. I see fear of failure as being an impediment and will continue to try "stupid" things as this is uncharted territory and the stupid thing that defies all logic might be the new rule of electricity that hasn't been found yet.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

PYRODIN123321

NO PROBLEM, I REMEMBER ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS AND TAKING FOREVER TO FIND ANSWERS

SOMEBODY ELSE POSTED THIS, I THINK IT SHOULD HELP HERE TOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPxdl1zpcC8
Peace.

PYRODIN123321

TO HELP YOUR QUEST YOU MIGHT CHECK OUT JLN LABS-
http://jnaudin.free.fr/

ALSO YOU MIGHT LIKE
WWW.KEELYNET.COM
Peace.