Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Roll on the 20th June

Started by CLaNZeR, April 21, 2008, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rg13

it almost sounds like a hint of a or some magnets or a device/coil that is pulsed at the right time to(repel at 7 and attract at 1?/shrug)  move a weight a small distance, possibly frictionless depending how the magnets are set up,( just some wild guessing).
if you want to get out of the rat race,you have to let go of the cheese.

exxcomm0n

K......I might as well take a stab @ this, but forgive me as it pretty much amounts to day dreaming on paper as I'm not a mathmatician or physics person.

Lets take a fan with 3 equally weighted blades. We attach the coin to a blade at 1 o'clock.
Now the potential energy made by taping the coin there is more than the weight of the coin. It's the weight of the coin and the energy in the mass of the moving blade, and the centrifugal force of it's movement from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock; correct?

Now the mass of the coin wants to realize the shortest route of attraction and fall straight down, but it can't.
To realize downward motion it also has to attain sideways motion as it's in relation to the mass of the fan blade, the axle, and it's position on it. Ideally it will be at the point on the fan blade where it has to expend the most energy sideways to travel downward.
At 3 o'clock the coin mass has acheived maximum "sideways" energy to due to secondary gravitational effect (stops gaining from vampiric momentum value) and starts gaining energy from any residual sideways momentum as well as that momentum now from an ever increasing  ?square? to the attraction of gravity being attracted both down and sideways at the same time?
The energy to "fall down" is increasing and the energy for the coin to "fall away" from the axle is increasing due to those forces coming into alignment.

The maximum attraction of gravity happens @ 6 o'clock sharp. That could be the point of greatest velocity too.
But the maximum of centrifugal happens JUST after that! It can't be at maximum weight until it is traveling at maximum velocity. It has to be after 6 o'clock.
So is the energy moving the coin from 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock being subtracted from the energy potential making it want to rest at 6 o'clock in the 1st place??
How does this relate to the plane/free fall example? Isn't that the point of free fall below the apex of the plane traveling the sine wave form for astronauts to acheive weightlessness??? ;)

There was more to this post, but I've judiciously decided not to post it as yet because I don't know enough yet to know if it makes me look like an ass. I have no idea how the weight moves from 7 o'clock to 1 o'clock, but it does make you think about all the energy created from oscillations from 1 o'clock to 6 o'clock rest.

:D

P.S. I want a 3 bladed fan, a coin, and a highspeed camera to record velocity.
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

sm0ky2

Archer left this thread because i cornered him on his Archer's Loop - AKA Thermal Accelerator.

sorry guys, i didnt mean to drive him away, but i wanted him to see that the energy balances out on both sides of his loop, minus the cooling from the fan just after the heat source. 

but something tells me he knew this all along, and was playing with numbers to "prove a point", or whatever the hell his motives are... once i forced him to see this, he never posted here again.... hes popped up on 3-4 other forums since, making the same "self-proclaimed fame" statements about the Archer's Loop, and how it "violates physics and has changed the scientific standards for measuring heat energy"

not to mention hes on more than one inventors watch list with precautionary statements attached
and owns a company that lets you give him your money to give you "advise on your invention"
--------------------------------------------------------

He explained enough about his new gravity wheel on his website if you read everything, i got a pretty good idea of what hes trying to do and i think we went over all of this sufficiently during the whole Chas Campbell inccident.... 

June 20 will come, and his wheel will just be another interesting story for your friends when they walk into your garage and ask "what's that?"

but then again,   ------------  How many people failed at flying.  while countless others continued to try for thousands of years, until Wilbur and Orville taught the world, and all of science a thing or two about Impossibilities......
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

oak

This is interesting.  From Mr. Quinn?s writing on his web page and in this thread it appears to me that he really believes he has found the secret to perpetual motion.  (I don't believe he's trying deliberately to hoax anyone.)  And he also claims to have already created and used one of these machines (12 volts ? see his first page).  So to me the question is, is he delusional, or has he in fact really done it?

I am willing to wait and see where this goes.

Anyway, here's my stab at how this thing works (mechanically speaking), if it works.  But I?m not a physicist nor an engineer nor an electrician, so please take that into account.  Some of this is my interpretation of what Mr. Quinn has already said, and some of it is speculation.

A heavy vertical flywheel, rotating clockwise, is used to maintain rotational momentum.  The flywheel requires only a relatively small weight imbalance on the right side for gravity to keep "boosting" the momentum (by pulling down on the additional weight).  Once a particular weight reaches 7 or 8 o?clock, it is yanked through its tube directly across the center of the ?clock? face to 1 or 2 o?clock.  It requires less energy to send the weight back to 1 or 2 o?clock than the amount of gravity "boost" that was provided on the right side, for two reasons:

First, gravity itself (coupled with the wheel?s momentum) will have already caused the weight to move well past the 7 o'clock position, so the vertical distance the weight must be pushed upward (say from 8 o?clock to 2 o?clock, or about 3 vertical inches on a 6-inch clock face), is less than the vertical drop that the weight traveled while falling downward (a vertical drop from say 2 o?clock to 6 o?clock, which is more than 4 vertical inches on a 6-inch clock face);

Second, while traveling back to 2 o?clock, the weight can travel on an incline, rather than straight up (and in fact the incline gets less steep as the weight travels up it because the rotation is continuing).

Electromagnetism is used to send each weight in its turn back to 2 o?clock.  There are a total of three weights, one inside each of three enclosed tubes.  Each weight is a ball bearing, whose diameter is sufficiently smaller than the inside diameter of its tube so that build-up of air pressure is not a problem as the ball moves through the tube.  The three tubes cross each other so they form an asterisk shape.  They are attached one after another against the face of the flywheel.  (Thus first you have the flywheel, then the first tube across the face of the flywheel, then the second tube offset 60 degrees from the first, then the third tube offset 60 degrees from each of the other two tubes.)

There is a wire coil around the end of each tube.  (Thus there are 6 coils total.)  The wire ends, or contacts, of each coil protrude beyond the end of the tube.  So as the tube rotates end over end, the two contacts protruding from a tube end describe two arcs parallel to each other.  From approximately 1 o?clock to 3 o?clock, there are also two curved metal strips outside the reach of each tube; these curved metal strips are connected to the positive and negative terminals of the generator located below the flywheel.  Thus after a tube end passes 12 o?clock and is approaching 1 o?clock, the coil?s contacts approach the metal contact strips that will feed the coil with current.  The coil?s contacts brush gently along the metal contact strips from approximately 1 o?clock to 3 o?clock, and during that time the coil becomes an electromagnet which yanks the ball bearing from the low end of the tube ? at the 7 or 8 o?clock position ? through the tube to the 2 o?clock position (and then keeps the ball bearing at that end of the tube until it reaches 3 o?clock).

What if the coil is not strong enough to yank the ball bearing from the opposite end of the tube?  Then a variation on the coil idea might be:  each coil runs the length of the tube, but the number of turns of wire around the tube varies along the length of the tube.  At the top end of the tube (what is the top end, that is, just before the coil at that end is activated), there are a great many turns, but then the number of turns per linear inch decreases as the coil runs down the tube.  (And the two coils on each tube overlap each other, but run in opposite directions.)  Thus when a coil is activated, the coil in effect is an electromagnet which increases in strength as it sends the ball from one end of the tube to the other.

Yet a third variation might be to use a cylindrical magnet, rather than a ball bearing, inside the tube, and use repulsion to shoot the magnet from the lower end of the tube to the upper end.  See the ?solenoid? discussion here (4th bullet point):  http://science.howstuffworks.com/electromagnet5.htm

b0rg13

that ball bearing idea is interesting but if you used a hollow tube with about4 to 6 inches of iron on each end, if this makes any sense then ( dosent have to be a hollow tube, could be an array of different configs), then you move a small weight just a small distance,rather than the full length.
if you want to get out of the rat race,you have to let go of the cheese.