Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Roll on the 20th June

Started by CLaNZeR, April 21, 2008, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty_Springs

Quote from: MrKai on June 10, 2008, 05:06:43 PM
Has anyone read Archer's gpage.html? http://www.surphzup.com/gpage.html.

Halfway down this page, it appears that he is attempting to again describe the reset mechanics/methodology/mechanism, but this time, as a weird parable.

I'm sure the dudes that are hangin' in his inner circle know, or think they know, or have been told what he's talking about...and from what I am reading I believe he (archer) or someone else drew some pictures wrt this thing.

What is he saying? It seems like it is "backwards" for some reason. If my...understanding of this is somewhat...correct...I believe he is trying to say that the weight is water, and is somehow removed and replenished based on which end of the thing is up (or down) thus perpetuating the cycle.

Does anyone follow this? I mean it seems like it could work in...theory...but...I'm not seeing the weight distro trick in this setup.

Oh and before anyone says "drinking bird" look it up; it works on a different principle (heat exchange/loss).

Hi MrKai
He did talk earlier about two drums of water under the weights, I can't see how it will work but I could be wrong.

The small weight drops when its at the bottom it releases it water, this makes the other side heavier and it drops releasing its water making the other side drop but heres where it goes wrong because the small weight has already released its water it can't release any more so water has to be added to the big weight to make it drop and keep the system going.

How can this be done when the big weight is in the air away from the drum of water and you can't fill it at any other time because the extra weight will stop the system if its filled before hand.
Take Care MrKai
Graham

MrKai

Quote from: DarkStar_DS9 on June 10, 2008, 05:28:27 PM
rate this with a simple drawing (still having problems to express myself in english when it comes to mechanics) - if someone has a link to a free prog for Mac OS X, please let me know

There are many free drawing programs for OS X; what sort are you looking for, exactly?

-K

http://herebedragonsmovie.com/ - Join the Cult of Reason!

Rusty_Springs

Quote from: DarkStar_DS9 on June 10, 2008, 05:28:27 PM
;) I guess you're right, but that was not the point I wanted to make - so let's say that I compensate for the weight of the rope on the other side.

Or let's not use weights hanging from a rope, let's use some bars 200mm x 20mm x 5mm, drill holes into them - for one side, we will drill a hole 20mm from the top, for the other side let's use 30mm from the top - and put that on the axles. I should add that those axles are parallel to the pivot.

Now does that make any difference? I guess I'm asking if the CG will change because one weight is mounted higher than the other.

Regards,

Rainer

P.S.: I'd love to illustrate this with a simple drawing (still having problems to express myself in english when it comes to mechanics) - if someone has a link to a free prog for Mac OS X, please let me know

Hi DarkStar_DS9
Again I could be wrong but I would think it would drop on the lower side because in my thinking your changing the center of gravity by making one higher then the other which changes the weight distrabusion(sorry about the spelling as I said not my strong point).
Take Care DarkStar_DS9
Graham

MrKai

Quote from: Rusty_Springs on June 10, 2008, 05:30:06 PM
Hi MrKai
He did talk earlier about two drums of water under the weights, I can't see how it will work but I could be wrong.

<snip>

How can this be done when the big weight is in the air away from the drum of water and you can't fill it at any other time because the extra weight will stop the system if its filled before hand.
Take Care MrKai
Graham

Yeah. The wacky thing is I mean, what the hell? :)

I have been working my imagination trying to see how this is even conceivable w/o some other device doing something with the water...and I cannot see how he could pull it off otherwise. Not to say that...he...can't...but I'll be damned if I can see how.

It is almost worth the grief around here to see what he comes up with...because like I said, I (think) I get what he's saying about, as he puts it, "knocking the weight off", and why he thinks it would do what he says, but damned if i cannot figure out how this water is being shuffled around. I think what really threw me was the whole "water running downhill" comment...downhill from *where*? :)

http://herebedragonsmovie.com/ - Join the Cult of Reason!

exxcomm0n

It is a very satisfying thing to use squeegie'ing water on a basement floor with your nearly 12 yo daughter, teaching her fluid dynamics with it, and having her "get it".

Even if it's just to get the job done faster (for her).

The wall of water that one squeegie's motion  makes, applying force behind that wall to keep it going when it travels to where you can influence it, seesaw'ing your feet so they don't impede the wall, inertia, inertial mass, etc.

Not formulas, real world examples which have real world benefits.

I may forget what r and M and the elipson symbol signify, but I'll remember how something moves and why I want it to.

It's a heredity thing I think.

Anyway, in the picture attached, you'll see a very crude representation of the concept.
(BTW, these (concepts) are never yours, nor mine, but entities unto themselves.
Wiggy, huh?)

You'll see the 7:00 wall is still there, but converted to a counterbalanced class 1 lever (I never knew about this lever class stuff b4! I just "knew" them.) with a hinged weight on one side, and wall lever on the other with a spur and a wheel at its end.

The wheel on the end of the lever hits the tooth slope and pushes the repel wall away from the wheel while driving the spur in towards the center of the wheel and under the rod just above it helping to push it up and saving (or counterbalancing) some of the momentum being robbed by the away push.

When the wheel on the lever hits the apex of the tooth and goes over the edge, gravity grabs the counterweight and the lever pushes the wall into the magnet end so the force is even pushing in, and not more or less in front or back of it.

Think of a magnet as a really squat Q-tip (cotton swab on a stick for others not from america).

The stick is the magnet, the cotton is the field (kinda an over-simplification, but it works for me).

Might help if the arm had a curve in at the 6:00 end. Push in AND up?
Could you do that without having the coming rod run into it during it's path?

Now gravity works on both sides of the machine.

This still has to be tuned, but not nearly as much.

The 1:00 attract wall starts around 12:30 sloping in (my prefence, not necessary I suppose) so that when the rod end is pushed up to the 1:00 end it has even attract force on all sides that, with momentums addition, is enough to stick it there.
(Maybe this would be variable to compensate for RPM???)

Put a tooth at each rod end (yes, this arrangement limits the amount of rods you can have.  I think 6 would be maximum, but I'd have to try it to see).

Lather,
Rinse,
Repeat as necessary.

I know the tooth/ramp - wheel/fulcrum combo is creating friction and robbing momentum.......

But how much? ;)

I get pictures in my mind, but don't see a lot of things until I start drawing them, and I'm not that artistic as you can see.

But I didn't think about the spur until I saw the more basic basis for it.

;)

EDIT:

Wait!

Put a hinge post @ the 12:30 end of the (now) wall/lever and then use it to do the RPM compensation AND be the "off" switch.

EDIT2: What if the angles of the 7:00 wall were more acute (closer together)?
Maybe a little shorter to, so it has time and distance keeping it out of the oncoming arms way.

Now i wanna look @ Perendev motor structure!

I mean, instead of having one wheel with tubes on it, a cylinder with tube drilled IN it in probably a spiral pattern.

Wow.

Mate that with a computer precision electromagnet firing map for a coil array formed in the same spiral fashion, and you can have all the RPMs you want (a man can dream).

:D
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.