Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

the iron man movie reactor

Started by loop888, May 09, 2008, 02:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loop888

well, this is not actually a half baked idea but i did not found/know what would be the appropiate forum to ask it.

i saw the iron man movie yesterday and wonder, that reactor he have at the factory and in his chest, es based on or related to some theory/concept in the real life or just belong to the iron man comic/movie?

what that would be? how it would work?

very nice movie by the way  :D

saludos!   ;D

hartiberlin

Yes, nice movie,
maybe a micro TPU ! ;)

In the movie they probably used a lithium akku with some
newer 5 Watts LEDs or something simular...

P.S: The ending of the movie was a bit lame and I
had wished for more flight and combat scenes !  ;D

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

ResinRat2

I saw the movie yesterday 6/7/2008; I enjoyed it very much and that Arc-Reactor (micro-TPU) was great to see. Made me go back and look at all the pictures on GiantKillers thread. I laughed and showed them to my co-worker. He was open-mouthed amazed at seeing all the pictures of the TPU attempts on that thread, and he thought it was amazing that this type of research was going on in the general public.

I still like the top villan's lines in the movie when he was complaining to the white-coated research technician that was unable to duplicate the Arc-Reactor. I don't remember the quote exactly but it was something like this:

"Tony Stark built this in a CAVE...out of a pile of SCRAPS!!!!"

and the flabbergasted technician responded:

"Well...I'm NOT Tony Stark."

It made me shake my head in agreement. Neither are anyone of us either.

Someday maybe...someday.... :-\

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

Justin

In the movie it look like he was using some sort of unstable element that possibly could be emitting alpha radiation or beta radiation which  could  be powering the electromagnet.
But seeing as the arc reactor doesn't die out quickly perhaps is a slowly decaying substance. :P or maybe im just thinking to much into the sci fi world.

retrodynamic

What about this project for a movie:
The new Gearturbine, power by barr, with retrodynamic dextrogiro vsa levogiro effect, at non parasitic looses system, and over-unit engine. Details:

www.geocities.com/gearturbine