Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Need C++ programmer who has time to modify source code

Started by Earl, May 11, 2008, 05:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyamios

I've been doing a little tinkering with this. I've already disabled the pesky mail-client opening process, and am now working on the audio component.

I tested it with myself (my own IP) and it seems to work great. Appologies for the ignorance, but what's the significance of a host-name? As long as you're listening on an open port, shouldn't the external IP of the clients be fine?

Dyamios

Fantastic!

Alright, I've got the voice working correctly now. The code was fairly butchered, and the archive you put left out a file I had to generate (containing the voice settings).

I'm improving some of the over all features, and will see about hostnames etc.

This is a pretty neat piece of software.

Dyamios

I forgot to add, there's no use in trying to send me an email through this account, its not actually my normal account anymore, just the only one I remember the password to. Thus, I'm making another account called Ailos, so email me through there if you want to chat. Thanks!

Ailos

Alright, I've been doing a bit more work and have got the voice working on a key-press. Now it works more like a walky-talky. The way the programmer had it set up before was to have two separate buttons to press on the GUI (one that said Talk and another that said Stop). You would talk after you hit "talk" and then hit "stop" when you're done. Then, after you hit stop, the other person would hear what you said.

I made it easier and just made it a keypress of "F1" would activate the recording mechanism. It's fairly neat.

Do you happen to know if the audio data is meant to be encrypted?

Ailos

Alright, I figure the packet-sending procedure uses the randomized key to encrypt it real time.

Anyhow, I'm going to update the gui as much I can to make it look more aesthetic. This MFC is really throwing me for a spin though. I've never really used it, however I'm fairly apt at learning languages quickly.

Any other features you may want added?