Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

why don't we organize stuff better

Started by Haliburton, May 18, 2008, 01:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haliburton

why don't we organize what we have all ready like the best HHO producer or best possible wind turbine or whatever.  I was thinking of opening a site dedicated to the best of the best of what we already know and nothing else,  free of drama and bitterness. Just a website that only has pure and tested work.  I think being unorganized is slowing down what we can learn from the most newest info possible, all the other stuff is just creating noise in the background.  Kinda like how i posted that rick roll video. I did that to make a point. I am sorry to say but thats how i feel about a lot of the stuff on here.  most people spend a big part of there time sifting thru info when a lot of it is null.

Hans inspired me with this idea from the language a different approach thread

Do you think that the website would find it place fast?

exxcomm0n

It has merit, but there are 2 sticking points.

How is "best of the best" determined? Voting on polls, judges panel, etc.?

Who's going to host it?

Otherwise a great idea and a way to introduce Joe Schmoe to saving money on fuel.
It could have a place to steer them for parts and/or finished units with reviews of vendor offerings.

There is a lot of "wading through" here, but for a newbie it helps to train you as to which is which between dross and content.
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

Haliburton

Well i would host it of course ;D I already have a great domain name picked out.  Overunity would pose as a great battle ground for the right information.  The site could have like you said poles and judges and final conclusions for a topic that month or week or day depending on how fast the experiment can evolve.  The site would be kept very very simple with just one and only one final conclusion for that topic for that month ETC.  I think new bees get overloaded with info on here.  i know i do sometimes.  It would be a lot more better if we could all just focus on the same ball and take it one step at a time rather then everyone inputing information wherever they can.  i have seen plenty of times where people will post the same topic that was just posted a week or so before.  What i mean is there is a lot of wasted energy for being a overunity forum  ;)  we can do this people.  we need to reduce the friction not only of what we talk about but how we talk about it! 8)

resonanceman

Quote from: Haliburton on May 18, 2008, 03:45:28 PM
Well i would host it of course ;D I already have a great domain name picked out.  Overunity would pose as a great battle ground for the right information.  The site could have like you said poles and judges and final conclusions for a topic that month or week or day depending on how fast the experiment can evolve.  The site would be kept very very simple with just one and only one final conclusion for that topic for that month ETC.  I think new bees get overloaded with info on here.  i know i do sometimes.  It would be a lot more better if we could all just focus on the same ball and take it one step at a time rather then everyone inputing information wherever they can.  i have seen plenty of times where people will post the same topic that was just posted a week or so before.  What i mean is there is a lot of wasted energy for being a overunity forum  ;)  we can do this people.  we need to reduce the friction not only of what we talk about but how we talk about it! 8)

Haliburton

Would this   new website  be just as helpful and  informative  as your  ' I did  it"  thread ?

gary

Haliburton

QuoteKinda like how i posted that rick roll video. I did that to make a point. I am sorry to say but thats how i feel about a lot of the stuff on here.  most people spend a big part of there time sifting thru info when a lot of it is null.

Hans inspired me with this idea from the language a different approach thread

Did you even read what i said?

the point of creating a thread like that is it was just as helpful as many other threads, NOT AT ALL. 

organizing and updating to the max is the key to overunity or what ever is near overunity. 

projects can evolve way faster when people can skip all the dirty work and head straight into what has already been found out.  i just think having thousands of threads on only a few subjects is pointless and time consuming.   

maybe its a bad idea, but at the rate it took me to know what i know from sifting thru threads wasted a lot of time.