Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Nuclear reactor cores, like submarines use

Started by ckm, April 04, 2005, 08:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenbo0422

Actually the seawater does help with cooling.  It is used in the secondary system.  The shielding I referred to is correct as well.  H2O, having 2 Hydrogens, is perfect for shielding neutrons.  They tend to bounce back, like billiard balls react when they hit.  It is also the reason you can reach a 'steady state' in a reactor.  As the temp. goes up the Hydrogen atoms are spread out farther, thus less reflection back into the core.  Then temp goes down a little causing more reflection until the fluctuations level out.  When the rods are pulled farther, a new 'steady state' condition will hunt and level out.  The Russian liquid metal reactors don't have this nice little assistant.
Ken

Bruce A. Perreault

kenbo0422,

True, water is a shield but it is a poor shield as compared
to using uranium. So... why don't sub occupants find
their hair falling out?? :D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? -Bruce P.

kenbo0422

Well, the reactor and the entire primary system is enclosed in a separate compartment shielded by lead and plastic(another hydrogen rich material).  Believe it or not, the exposure in a sub is less than the radiation you get standing out in the bright sunlight...  either that or my dosimeter was broke   :o
Ken

rstander777

It can't be that difficult to design a nuclear power plant. Did you guys know that in 1960 they had nuclear pacemakers. They stopped it because "terrorrists" could use it to build a bomb. It had a titanium shield or something similar. Planted them into newborn babies. Perfectly safe....go figure...

BattyCoda

wtf is safe toxic radiation storage? to me there is no such thing...if it radiates it can kill
dont believe it? try heating 1 part copper or silver or gold or platinum with 3 parts sodium at 600 degrees and i`ll be at your gravesite in a month GUARANTEED