Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnetic Permeability ... I can't find anyone talking about this !!!!!

Started by The Observer, June 02, 2008, 02:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Noskills

Can someone explain this ?

I put 1 uF capacitor in series with hot line (50 Hz, 220 V) and connect it to a light bulb. About 80 mA goes through and light lits very dimmly. Capacitor limits the current.

Next I put coil with iron core in series with hot line and again through a light bulb. Light hardly lits, self inductance of the coil is so high that it prevents current flow so it is a choke. Normal behaviour for this coil as it is ripped from a working transformer.

Finally I put the same capacitor in series with iron cored coil through a lamp. Lamp lits almost to full brightness. I add a second coil in parallel in the same core so that coils oppose each other. They generate flux in opposite direction and thus feed each other. Lamp lits to full brightness. Funny thing happened here. In my test I got two E shaped cores face to face. When I added enough load those cores broke apart because of bucking magnetic fields. When this happened, brightness of the lamps went down.

I understand that adding a C with L forms a series LC circuit and C makes self inductance to go down in the coil allowing current to pass. But why more current passes with L and C (resistance of coil 165 ohms) than with plain C ? I would have expected that since C limits the current then 80 mA is the maximum that can get through.

If the iron core was such that there was no loop, I-core, then there was just a little increase in brightness of light.