Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Has any one ever made a motorized bike with like a 80cc motor?

Started by Haliburton, June 14, 2008, 10:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AB Hammer

With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

dirt diggler

holy crap, are you saying that you can ride that on the road in the states? here in Canada, you need to have a licence, insurance, plates, everything that a full size motorcycle needs.
No, really, I love beating my head against this wall.......

ramset

DD one of my sons looked into it [and posted above]and the feds are gonna make it legal nationaly    certain ones like the old moped  [as hammer said]have always been at least in NY Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

Onevoice

In Maryland, its the size of the engine. Less than 50cc is considered a moped or powered bike. Driver must be 16 or over. Bike needs nothing. 50cc or more is a motorcycle and must have tags & Insurance. Driver must have valid motorcycle license.
quote: The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many - Capt. James T. Kirk

Haliburton

HERE is the DMV LAW IN CALI USA if anyone finds it good info

QuoteMotorized Bicycle

406.  (a) A "motorized bicycle" or "moped" is any two-wheeled or three-wheeled device having fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, or having no pedals if powered solely by electrical energy, and an automatic transmission and a motor which produces less than 2 gross brake horsepower and is capable of propelling the device at a maximum speed of not more than 30 miles per hour on level ground.
(b) A "motorized bicycle" is also a device that has fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power and has an electric motor that meets all of the following requirements:

(1) Has a power output of not more than 1,000 watts.

(2) Is incapable of propelling the device at a speed of more than 20 miles per hour on ground level.

(3) Is incapable of further increasing the speed of the device when human power is used to propel the motorized bicycle faster than 20 miles per hour.

(4) Every manufacturer of motorized bicycles, as defined in this subdivision, shall provide a disclosure to buyers that advises buyers that their existing insurance policies may not provide coverage for these bicycles and that they should contact their insurance company or insurance agent to determine if coverage is provided.

(c) The disclosure required under paragraph (4) of subdivision (b) shall meet both of the following requirements:

(1) The disclosure shall be printed in not less than 14-point boldface type on a single sheet of paper that contains no information other than the disclosure.

(2) The disclosure shall include the following language in capital letters:

"YOUR INSURANCE POLICIES MAY NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR ACCIDENTS INVOLVING THE USE OF THIS BICYCLE. TO DETERMINE IF COVERAGE IS PROVIDED YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY OR AGENT."

Amended Sec. 1, Ch. 804, Stats. 1995. Effective January 1, 1996. Supersedes Sec. 2, Ch. 342.

That electric kit looks really spendy,  I just  looked at the price and they start like at 800$ WOW thats a lot, for me.