Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I tried to rebiuld a Don Smith Device

Started by GM, September 25, 2005, 04:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS-NRG

That invention of Mr Smith should not have been on the same picture with Mr E. Dollard and Mr E.V Gray.

It is only on that picture because the set up shows simalarities.

Concider the following,
A demonstration is given to you in which a Don Smith type device is shown.
The device put's out a perfect 60 Hertz fixed frequency.

Now ask yourself the question, what would YOU think if i told you such devices will always have a frequency drift?
They will never be stable at EXACTLY 60Hz especially because a spark gap is used in combination with a frequency correcting resistor.

The device would have had more credabillity IF it showed a frequency drift and IF the output frequency was something else then 60 Hertz.

guruji

Quote from: XS-NRG on July 09, 2010, 07:18:17 PM
That invention of Mr Smith should not have been on the same picture with Mr E. Dollard and Mr E.V Gray.

It is only on that picture because the set up shows simalarities.

Concider the following,
A demonstration is given to you in which a Don Smith type device is shown.
The device put's out a perfect 60 Hertz fixed frequency.

Now ask yourself the question, what would YOU think if i told you such devices will always have a frequency drift?
They will never be stable at EXACTLY 60Hz especially because a spark gap is used in combination with a frequency correcting resistor.

The device would have had more credabillity IF it showed a frequency drift and IF the output frequency was something else then 60 Hertz.

Hi XS-Nrg yes you said correct but Don states that he used certain instruments to tune his devices to the correct frequency.
Thanks

XS-NRG

He would need alot of additional circuitry to stabilize the output frequency.

It has got nothing to do with tunning tools but all with monitorring and stabilizing.

You cannot simply use tunning tools to fix the frequency of a spark gap that is a bunch of nonsense it will always be irregular because of it's crude nature.
And beside, there ain't a tool in the world that could fix that.

The only case where the spark is seriously regulated is in ignition systems and this is not the case in the Don Smith example.

sm0ky2

Quote from: XS-NRG on July 11, 2010, 06:14:50 AM
He would need alot of additional circuitry to stabilize the output frequency.

It has got nothing to do with tunning tools but all with monitorring and stabilizing.

You cannot simply use tunning tools to fix the frequency of a spark gap that is a bunch of nonsense it will always be irregular because of it's crude nature.
And beside, there ain't a tool in the world that could fix that.

The only case where the spark is seriously regulated is in ignition systems and this is not the case in the Don Smith example.

this is complete and utter nonsense. Tesla was easily able to maintain discrete frequencies, with crude and simple feedback circuitry - using (yes) spark gaps.

It is the ability to charge and discharge the storage medium that can create a consistent frequency using this type of system.
The reason such complex control circuitry is used today, is because we inherently utilize storage medium with a higher charge-potential than the discharge gap. This results in inconsistent charge-rates and can lead to retarted or premature discharge patterns.

This is not "always" the case. With some mediums, there can be a consistent charge rate and subsequent discharge - even with the charge potential being higher than the potential between the spark gap. and in such an instance, the only thing required to have complete control over the frequency is an adjustment of the gap potential.( distance and impedance)

There are several other factors that contribute to inconsistent frequencies - for instance wether or not the spark gap is exposed to open air (and wether or not this air is moving), the distance of the charging current path (shorter distances can result in greater inconsistencies), the physicalities of the electrodes can affect the particular discharge-path which can also lead to fluxuations in frequency.

If you understand the mechanism of the charge/discharge, the frequency can be discrete, without the use of 21st century technology. Frequency-dependent experiments were being conducted as early as the end of the 1800's, using spark gaps.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

guruji

Smokey is right I saw an experiment on youtube with a plasmaball lighting a bulb. When gap was varied voltage varied. There's a relation with voltage and frequency with gap.