Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

What is the difference between...?

Started by Magnethos, July 05, 2008, 11:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnethos

Pulsed Direct Current and Alternating Current?

What is the difference?

petersone

Hi Magnethos
Not an expert by any means,but pulsed dc goes from ov to say +12v and back to 0v.does not go negative
ac goes from 0v to +12 to 0v to -12 to 0v,goes positive and negative

Hhx

Hi Magnethos

I don't know the object of their question and if he has electronic notions. I suppose that he will refer in short to some application.

But if the question is in a generic sense:
The DC varies between 0 and the maximum value of the voltage, as well as its wave form is squared. Example: 20v DC vary between 0 and 20.
The AC varies between the maximum value and the maximum negative value with its step for 0, its wave form is usually senoidal. Example 20v AC varies between 20v and -20 v.

Regards,Hhx

Magnethos

thanks for the answers... I have very basic electronical knowledge. Now, I know the difference between DC and AC, but... what are the differences between DC and PDC (pulsed DC)?

Usually, we know that there are 2 kinds of electricity: AC and DC, but I have also heard about Pulsed DC. I want to know more about it. Sorry for my poor knowledge.

I have found some usefull info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsed_DC

Hhx

Hi all

@ Magnethos
petersones and I have described Pulsed DC. Normal DC it doesn't vary the voltage, it is always the same one.
Example:
A connected battery to a bulb through a switch.

Case 1.- connected switch during 1 minute, the bulb shines the whole time. This is Normal DC.

Case 2.- Switch many connected and disconnected times during 1 minute, the bulb shines and he fades continually. This is Pulsed DC. the wave form is squared (on, off, on, off, on, off, etc...)

The wikipedia explanation is correct but in another field of the electronics.

Regards, Hhx (sorry my bad english)