Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electromagnet Question

Started by mondrasek, August 01, 2008, 07:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mondrasek

So I learned very quickly that my long solenoid appears to have magnetic affects mostly at the ends, so the middle is kind of a dead zome, similar to the tri-force arrays.  Many of you probably knew that already.

I've been playing with a couple of Imhotep's Bedini fans and threw my new long solenoid into that circuit in place of the re-charge battery.  It seems to have resulted in a resonant circuit.  I have no idea how it is working so I am again asking for assistance with understanding this strange behavior.  The details are here:  http://imhotepslabs.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34

As always, I appreciate your input.

M.

TinselKoala

Hi Mond, glad to see you are still experimenting.
It's pretty easy to send that 2n3055 circuit into feedback self-oscillation; that's probably what's happening with yours. Also it's pretty easy to blow those transistors with these circuits, so buy a bunch. And they do vary some in their characteristics; sometimes an out-of-control oscillation can be fixed simply by trying a different transistor. Component layout, lead length, and so forth can also have a big effect on feedback oscillations.
I agree that you should use a current-monitoring resistor with your 'scope to do current measurements. If your scope is a modern DSO, it probably has math functions available that can do (roughly) correct power calculations for you, given the voltage vs. time from one channel and the current (voltage drop across the resistor) vs. time from the other channel. The digital multimeters like the Fluke can be pretty good at RMS values--in a certain frequency range!-- but doing the math in the DSO is usually more accurate, as the DMM usually assumes a sinusoidal input and yours won't be.
By connecting the two circuits of your bifilar wound coil in series, you have converted it into a monofilar coil.
The power to accelerate the PM out of the solenoid comes from the power supply, not the PM. You will be able to measure it eventually, as your technique and equipment improves.
You've gotten some very good answers in this thread.

capthook

mondrasek -

Any updates on your launching of a PM with a coil?

What are you final conclusions? 
Is there increased power draw from the air coil when the PM is present (and launched) vs. when it's not?
(The last I read is you had concluded the power draw may have actually decreased due to induction in the coil windings by the PM that was beneficial/power consumption decreasing)
What about using a long cylinder PM?

Any other thoughts, planned pursuits with this etc?

mondrasek

Sorry capthook, but I never got back to further testing on that.  What I ultimately wanted to do involved two new areas for me, one being launching the PM from a coil, and the other being reusing/reclaiming the electricity used to energize that coil.  I started a couple learning projects on the second part and never got back to the magnet launch (yet).  I am actually following your thread on winding a strong electromagnet very closely in the hopes that you and Xaverius might end up doing it for me!  I'd offer to help by continuing my original experiments but I find myself limited by the equipment and knowledge that I have at hand right now.  If I ever get back to it before you or someone else does, I'll be sure to let you know.

M.