Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Only Voltage? and capacitors

Started by Magnethos, August 08, 2008, 10:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnethos

I have seen a video where a guy can load a capacitor with only voltage and no amperes.
That seems to be impossible, but they guy can load it!
The, the guy discharge the capacitor and I can see the spark.

My question are...

1. If I have a 1Farade capacitor... how much time can I supply energy to a 20 Watt Device?
2. We need to apply volts and amperes to load a capacitor? Right?

If the guy is able to load a capacitor with only voltage and without using amperes... can free energy be possible?

gyulasun

1)  If you have a 1F capacitor charged up for ,say, 10V then the stored energy in it is: E= (C*V*V)/2  hence 1*10*10/2=50 Joule     i.e. 50Wsec    this means your 20W device is able to run from it for  50/20=2.5 seconds.

(Note: So you have to start in practice with higher capacitor value and or voltage and also use an efficient switched mode power supply to keep a stabil output voltage from the ever decreasing capacitor voltage.)

2) Yes.

Can give a link to the video you referred to?

Magnethos

@gyulasun

Here you have:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqa6JmxSmkA

I think that if the guy is able to charge the capacitor using only voltage (impossible in theory) we can recharge a capacitor infinite times because if we use only voltage (and no amperes), the battery will always has energy.
Could be correct my theory?

gyulasun

Thanks for the link.

It would be good to see the method in a schematics how he step-charges up the capacitor.  If he has to use a source from outside of his circuit (so it is not the circuit which produces the energy needed for the recharge),  then his setup is not overunity. 
It is not true that capacitor does not need input energy for charging it up.  I recall Bearden referred to a scientific paper on step-charging a capacitor and there is an anomaly in the energy balance but I have not read that paper.

You would be right with your theory: if a capacitor would not need a charging current but voltage i.e. no input power would be involved, then you would have a 'perpetual' or at least a very long lasting energy source...

You happen to have any more info or schematics on this?

rgds,  Gyula

Magnethos

@gyulasun
Thanks for the info my friend

No, at the moment I haven't more info about the video. A friend is trying to contact the guy and ask for the schematics. If we have a reply from the guy, I will say you.