Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Help making a 2 transistor circuit to do what a SPDT swich does

Started by gotoluc, August 21, 2008, 05:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groundloop

Wattsup,

If you set your voltage output to less than 15 volt peak to peak on the function generator and wire
the 4016 switches to do the job, then yes, you could probably control a P-channel and N-channel FET.
(I assume that 9540 is a P-Fet (IRF5Y9540CM) and that 840 is a N-Fet (IRF840), correct?)

Groundloop.

BEP

It looks complcated but it isn't when you start to breadboard the circuit....

http://www.4qdtec.com/h.html

This is the only true SS function of a DPDT switch. Same can be done with FETs. Expand the idea to be driven by another signal source like a 555 circuit. The common mistake is to do something that will allow the 'on' time of the top and bottom switch to overlap. This would be a short.

Cheers!

>>Edit

As usual. I'm in a hurry....
You said 'SPDT' not DPDT.  Only one half of this circuit is needed then and the posts by others are more correct for your question.
However, if you need to consider actually reversing applied voltage instead of flipping it between two loads consider the above.

I've never thought turning things on in a sequence was of any value. So I use something similar to the above to sequencially move or reverse a charge. This way all parts of the circuit are always doing something.

gotoluc

@Groundloop,
thanks for the extra time you put in to make the circuit simple enough for even me :P to understand. I will give this a try since I already have the 555 built. By the way I did chose a 1uf at ct but I got to get a 500k pot since my 100k does not give me enough Frequency range.

@c0mster,
thanks for the link to the 4016 device. Looks simple enough for me to understand. I think I'll get one of these for future tests as the logic is simple to understand and one could quickly put something together.

@wattsup,
thanks for looking and sharing that you also have a need for this. I like the simple idea of using a P-Fet and N-Fet like Groundloop is confirming below

If you set your voltage output to less than 15 volt peak to peak on the function generator and wire
the 4016 switches to do the job, then yes, you could probably control a P-channel and N-channel FET.
(I assume that 9540 is a P-Fet (IRF5Y9540CM) and that 840 is a N-Fet (IRF840), correct?)

Groundloop.

@BEP,
thank you also for sharing that circuit. Since I may also need reversing of applied voltage in future work.

Luc