Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Steve Marks Device May Be Authentic

Started by Freedomfuel, October 23, 2005, 04:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulLowrance

Quote from: gn0stikHow many tesla of a field is required for this to occur? Because we are constantly immersed in magnetic fields, and they obviously don't cause this effect.

Paul, can you email me so I can read a bit more on this discovery?

Hi gn0stik,

Actually the effect is present, even in Earths fluctuating magnetic field. The MCE (Magnetocaloric effect) is very well accepted in the science community and was verified ages ago. I have personally verified MCE myself. The effect works in all fields, but the effect intensity varies with field strength among various other factors.

Here's a basic description:
http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae488.cfm

QuoteQuestion

What is the magnetocaloric effect and what materials exhibit this effect the most?

Asked by: Tim Michnick

Answer

Some magnetic materials heat up when they are placed in a magnetic field and cool down when they are removed from a magnetic field. This is known as the magnetocaloric effect.

This effect was discovered by E. Warburg in 1881 in pure iron. The size of the effect has been around .5 to 2?C per Tesla change in magnetic field. One Tesla is about 20,000 times the earth's magnetic field.

Recently, alloys of gadolinium, germanium and silicon have produces a much larger effect size of 3 to 4?C per Tesla change. The general equation for this material is; Gd_5(Si_xGe_1-x)_4, where x=0.5.

Experimental refrigerators based on the magnetocaloric effect have been tested in laboratories using magnetic fields of around 5T produced by superconducting magnets. http://www.cfs.me.uvic.ca/PAGES/amr.html

Paul Lowrance

Dingus Mungus

Quote from: PaulLowrance on September 24, 2006, 05:59:23 PM

So how much energy are we talking about? Gadolinium compounds can change 7 F per 1/4 cycle. I calculated that one cubic inch of such material exchanges 115.8 J per quarter cycle, which is 463.2 J per cycle. At 100 KHz there's 46320000 (46.32 MJ) joules per second or 46.32 million watts. That is a whole lot of energy exchange per second in just one tiny cubic inch of material my friend!  Now granted iron at room temperature does not exchange that much energy, but it's not terribly far off.

Then the question remains if you where to apply an alternating (AC) electromagnetic field at the given 100Khz to a 1^3" cube of Gadolinium. What would be the input wattage required to achieve overunity heating of the material? This is a overunity heat producing technology correct? Is it more efficient then say common heating elements? I'm quite intrigued by anything that can produce quantifiable anomalous heat. Please keep us all in the loop as you release more data.

Thank you for this new avenue of interest,
~Dingus

PaulLowrance

Hi Dingus and everyone,

There is nothing terribly special about Gadolinium as far as magnetocaloric effect except it's generally twice as effective as iron, roughly speaking.

The energy that I have been referring to comes from potential energy within the magnetic material. To get a very basic understanding where this energy is coming from just take two disc magnets that are opposing each other; i.e., their fields cancel out and the repel each other. Now allow the magnets to rotate so they align and you will see the magnets will accelerate as they rotate. That is magnetocaloric energy.

The amount of input energy really depends on the materials Permeability and Hysteresis. The input energy is usually an infinitesimal amount of energy compared to the energy exchanges occurring within the magnetic material.

The idea of this research is not to collect the energy in the form of heat. Rather, it is to collect the energy in the form of electricity!  A great deal of this internal magnetocaloric energy exchange is in the form of electromagnetic radiation. There are a lot of specific reasons why nearly 100% of this energy remains within the material.

1. The field is inside the material and therefore shorts out the field. Have you ever taken a magnet and then shorted its entire loop path with soft iron? You will see that nearly all the magnetic field no longer escapes the magnet because the iron is shorting its field.
2. Such radiation for most magnetic materials is for the most part in the hundreds of MHz. This high frequency radiation is easily absorbed by the magnetic material.
3. When the electron flips it precesses a great deal at a high rate and loses a lot of energy in the form of friction. You can prevent this by guiding the spin in 90-degree increments.

I mentioned that nearly 50 megawatts of energy is exchanged in Gadolinium and roughly 25 megawatts for iron. That sounds like a lot and you are probably wondering why the material does not explode with heat. As mentioned, when the applied field is removed the material experiences an opposite effect, cooling. This happens because the vibrating atoms knock the spins back out of alignment. This requires energy. So picture an atom hitting the other atom, which applies force. This force knocks the electron spin out of alignment. So the atom that hit the other atom slows down.

BTW, the person from NASA who contacted me confirmed my theory. He agrees on the second half of my theory, but does not understand the first half. I firmly believe this is because he is accustomed to thinking terms of "terms" and mathematics. It is a pity the way Nikola Tesla thought is a rarity. Basically the NASA guy calls it an "energy exchange" where as I describe the step-by-step process in detail.  Nikola Tesla knew how the think. You break down the fundamental forces and simulate every step in your mind.  For example, the subatomic world is not so simple as drawing a nice little wiggly photon moving from one particle to the next. It simply does not work that way! No particle can absorb 100% of another particles energy. That is such a basic concept that is even proven mathematically and by studying wave fundamentals. If I had the time and anyone who was interested I could explain this in a step-by-step process using very well accepted science. Wrap a coil around any magnetic material, hook it up to your speaker amplifier system, and hear the avalanche noises when a magnet is moved toward and away the iron demonstrates that not all the radiation is being absorbed.

Regards,
Paul Lowrance

supersam

paul,

what does moving a magnet toward, or away from the speaker actually do?  when you approach it with the magnet i'll give you ther is a current appearently induced.  when you move the magnet away i'll give you there is apparently a current induced.  but what happens when you take the magnet close and just set it down?

lol
sam

ps: how do you think this applies to the magnetocaloric effect?

supersam

giantkiller,

sorry, i guess i was thinking of myself, there for a minute, as a magnetic wave outside the loop.  i was cruising around, when i bumped into this really huge dude, and i realized i hadn't eaten in a real long time and was about to run out of energy.  well thank goodness this bad dude was only, non-other-than, the EARTH'S MAGNETIC FIELD, WHEW, i thought i was a goner and this dude fed me and sent me back!

lol
sam

ps: of course when i got back i was full, but that didn't really help me in the crunched up quarters of the middle of the TOROID!

TO BE CONTINUED