Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Endless energy from Salt - Magnet

Started by ResinRat2, September 18, 2008, 04:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ResinRat2

So I was daydreaming about how electrons move through a wire and produce electricity. I pictured, in my mind, a glass container filled with water and separated into two compartments with a glass wall between them. The glass wall had a opening that allowed the water to flow between chambers, but this flow could be stopped when the opening was closed.

Plain salt (NaCl) is dissolved in the water and with the opening allowing water to flow between the chamber, then powerful neo-magnets are placed at each end so that one side was (+) at one end, and the other was (-) at the other end so that Na+ and Cl- ions would be attracted to separate sides of the container by the powerful magnets. Once this was allowed to continue for a period of time the opening would be closed and the magnets removed. You thus have excess Na ions on one side and Cl ions on the other.

Question? Would a wire placed and connecting  the chambers with a load between them now allow electricity to flow freely until the ions were balanced?

I am throwing this out because I do not have Neo-Magnets and cannot test this hypothesis right now. Do you think one of you experimenters out there with powerful magnets could give this a try for me?

This is just a crazy idea that popped out of my head.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

ChileanOne

Hello ResinRat2!

I think that the ions would not be attracted to the magnets in the way you think, the liquid would be either attracted or repelled as a whole according to the characteristic magnetism of the solution, and the strenght of the reaction to it (paramagnetism or diamagnetism). What you could induce with the magnets, is a relative differential of density on the liquid (which could also eventually be a way of obtaining energy, as I will explain later). Two known salt solutions that show a measurable and usefull paramagnetism are permanganate and copper sulfate (pemanganate is the stronger). An even more paramagnetic fluid would be a dilute ferromagnetic fluid.

Incidentally I have studied a bit about paramagnetic solutions based on a paper that I read in the Filtration and Separation journal. The paper dealt with the separation of plastics by means of magnetically induced density difference over a ferromagnetic fluid. The separation is based on the principle that if you submit a pool of paramagnetic fluid to a magnetic field (permanent or eletromagnet), it will creat a gradient of densities within the fluid, so if you toss a sort of different plastics into the pool, each material will "float" at a different level  so you can separate a complex mix of plastic chips, for recycling.

From that paper I figured out that if you could create a gradient of densities in the fluid with a strong magnet, and if you could partially guide the influence of the magnetic field (with some kind of mistakenly named "magnetic shield") within the fluid, you could perhaps create a continuous "self replenishing" flow (hence kinetic energy) that could be harnessed through a turbine to produce usable power.

As often, having an idea, puting it on paper and find that is not that easy to test because you need to buy a lot of stuff that is not easy to find in your small city, and costs bucks that you don't have available, is all what you can do. I think I tossed the idea in this forum, but no one paid attention. Perhaps is just a waste of time, we'll know some day.

Keep on thinking nice ideas, that's the spirit. Cheers!

mdmiller

your crazy idea reminds me of an experience from a crazy idea I had a couple of months ago.

I had just mixed up some rochelle salt which was in a syrup and I was waiting for it to crystalize.  It sat out in the garage overnight, probably a temp of 50F or so.  It was still syrup the next morning, and out of curiosity I taped two neo magnets on the outside of the glass jar containing the syrup, on opposite sides and aligned with the earth mag field, with the south poles of each magnet oriented to the north, the magnet on the north side of the jar was attached slightly lower than the one of the south side.  About ten minutes later, I noticed the syrup had totally crystallized, it was a totally solid mass.  I had to chip the salt out with a steak knife.  The jar was so hot I couldn't hold it in my hands.  There was nothing used but magnets.  I don't know if this would work with other salts, I haven't explored it further.

Tinker

Hey Dave I haven't tried that one yet.

I have a PVC canister used to house tie wraps thin wall.
30cm tall and 11cm dia and has a neat red screw on lid.

A 20cm od clear plastic tube I could cut down to three tubes for the internal tubes and some other clear abs for mounting.

And have a bunch of 1/2in neos of varying dimensions including some 1/2 by 1/4 diametric ring mags.

But this will require some ADULT supervision from you folks but should be doable/easy using Chileans rendering.

Keep me close to Home Depot on the chemicals when you two sort out a starting mixture ie product names, I haven't much messed with chemicals since I took the chunk of white phosprous literaly out of the bottle and droped it on the Science Teachers desk, You can imagine how that turned out :)

Figure out something Inert I can put in the mix to see if its circulating.

Be Well
Tinker

tak22