Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Idea about capacitors charge and amperage?

Started by Magnethos, October 17, 2008, 07:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnethos

Quote from: CTG Labs on October 18, 2008, 07:08:48 AM
Hi all,

I think many people have thought about this!  Some caps will charge in what appears to be an instant, thats just beacuse the time constant is short and of course current must flow from the battery.  Voltage lags current in to a capacitor, but it can be so fast that it appears like nothing has happened, but really of course electrons have flowed from the negative battery plate in to the cap, then some of the other side of the cap have travelled to the positive plate of the battery and will continue to do so until the cap reaches the battery voltage at approx 5 x tc.

Of course Bearden would have us believe that you can potentialise a circuit then switch the source away before current flows from the source.  But the relaxation time is something like 0.00000000000015 seconds, far to fast for even the most cutting edge high speed mosfets and switching circuits.

If you charge a cap in 100mS and you measure energy stored in the cap, then that is how much energy you have taken from the battery plus some resistive loss from the wire, no FE here?!

Regards,

D.

Yes, realaxation time in copper is 1.5x10^-19 secs. Fe/Al alloy relaxation time is 1 ms but is very very difficult to make that alloy in vaccum and make some wire. So, the best option is to use cold electricity (pure voltage?) to charge a capacitor. In youtube you can see some videos of this process

CTG Labs

Hi,

I will try and check those videos out in a mo, I guess what I am saying is that probably they are mistaken!  If we are talking "cold electricity" then we need definition.  Of course Bearden tells us that cold/negative energy is a convergent form rather than divergent, so photons are converging on the load rather than being scattered away.  This can be seen where there is a cooling in the area below ambient as energy is removed from the area?!

Do you have any specific link to these videos?

Thanks,

Dave.

exnihiloest

Quote from: Magnethos on October 18, 2008, 05:59:46 AM
uhmm... ok.
So I have understood that when you charge a capacitor, the capacitor loads with pure voltage/static electricity. So, we're not drawing amperage from the battery. ...

You always need to draw charges from the battery. In order to charge a capacitor, you have to separate positive and negative charges so you have to do work against the electrostatic force.

When you charge a capacitor from a voltage source, energy is wasted in the resistance of the circuit (including the internal resistance of the source). The power lost in the resistance is at any time equal to U²/R where U is the voltage difference between the source and the capacitor.
At the begining of the charge, the capacitor voltage is null, thus U=V where V is the voltage of the source. At the end, U=0: the capacitor voltage is equal to that of the source. The wasted energy can be computed by integrating the power dissipated in the resistance over the charging time. It is equal to the end energy stored in the capacitor (thus efficiency is only 50%).

There is a best way to charge a capacitor. It is to charge it from a current source, or to charge it from a voltage source whose voltage is controlled in order to be at any time just above the capacitor voltage (which is increasing during the load). This is known as "adiabatic charge". In this case the energy you need to charge the capacitor is exactly that one the capacitor will store at the end ( = 1/2CV²). It is something like "the capacitor loads with pure voltage/static electricity" but nevertheless at least E=1/2CV² will be drawn during the load from the energy source.

lancaIV

Hanna Albert Awad writes about " sink electricity" what you call "cold electricity " !
In a reversible thermodynamic cycle you can baptizise the current orientation like you will ,
before a global " expression " consense.

S
  CdL