Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

the incredibly simple, cheap, sturdy friction heater.

Started by nitinnun, October 20, 2008, 03:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATT

Quote from: jadaro2600 on January 11, 2010, 12:14:29 AM
Mineral oil infused with fine wood ash may also be useful.

Might be, it's hard to guess. I've seen hydrolic fluid, motor oil and water all mentioned in connection with this device. It'll probably take trial and error to see if one works better than another.

Foggy-Notion

Hey I found the specs on the Wallmart wastebaskets, they're no bigger than any other, they are bathroom size, 11" high which they fail to mention in big bold type, and only sell it through their online store, not in their walk-in stores, so in that case i found one for half their price at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=15056711

It can't be much smaller than the 11" Wallmart one.

Another concern is the shape, though it allows ease of assembly, when I give it more thought, that shape will also send any turbulance upward in the form of slop over, easier than vertical pipe, if one of the trash cans is not perfectly round. But, a catch pan and few other trick will no doubt help deal with it as well as prevent it.

ATT

Quote from: Foggy-Notion on January 11, 2010, 02:28:29 AM
Hey I found the specs on the Wallmart wastebaskets, they're no bigger than any other, they are bathroom size, 11" high which they fail to mention in big bold type

Right...look in the upper left of that drawing I posted, I copied the specs from their web-page, that's how I knew how big to make it in CAD.

Quotehttp://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=15056711

Be nice if they'd give some dimensions, huh?

Quote...if one of the trash cans is not perfectly round. But, a catch pan and few other trick will no doubt help deal with it as well as prevent it.

You can bring it into round with an insert, the wrapper will conform exactly to the shape of the insert.

Set your dividers or trammels to less than the radius of the top, mark a point on your material for the center (1/8" hole will work), swing your dividers from the mark and cut out the round.

Mark a line around the inside of the basket, make a gauge you can drag along the top-rim and score a mark on the inside (you need this reference to make sure your insert sits 'level' with respect to the wrapper).

If it wasn't round before, it will be after you install the insert.

But...before you install it, it'd be a good idea to spin-balance the insert (that's why you drilled-out that center-mark).

You kinda have to do this anyway if you're planning on a shaft, you're gonna need two points on the rotator to connect the shaft to.

Foggy-Notion

Oh, so you did (can specs in drawing)
Well I was looking at your dimples.
er? that's, ..nevermind.