Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is it possible to use magnets to run a generator?

Started by Lee, November 03, 2008, 01:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

So I was watching a special on a train in Japan runs on magnets.  If it can move a train could the same technology be used  used to power a generator?

I was thinking through the use of pistons connected to a crank shaft of sorts used to turn a generator.  Possibly generating operating power from solar or wind power to get started.

What are possible problems with this idea?

Do you know of a reason it would not work?

How could we make it work?

Any and all input on this topic will be greatly appreciated as I have little experience.

Thank you,

nievesoliveras

Lee

Lee

Well I just spoke with a professor at the Southwest institute & he seemed to think that baised on the introduction of friction as well as the heat generated compounded by any and all gears that would be involved I would yield less energy than i created. 

Still that video was intreging.

And there are a couple of other technologies to consider that could reduce the friction.

I feel that the only way to know for me, is to build a (probably several) model. 

Anybody got any spare time & want to work with me on this?

Freezer

It's possible, but to this date 99.9% of the population couldn't figure out how to make one work.  The mag-lev trains aren't really propelled by magnets.  The magnets provide levitation for friction-less travel.  Problem with magnets is that they repel and attract with the same force in the basic configurations.  It would be easy if we could somehow construct a magnetic shield, but so far we have nothing that can do that.  It either goes right through the material or around it, but is never nullified.  Get some small neodymiums to experiment with and you will see how difficult it is to do.  The best idea I've seen so far with getting work out of magnets is paul sprains spiral design.