Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

question about water pressure

Started by loop888, November 12, 2008, 07:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loop888

thank you for your answer rlortie  :)

now, re-reading the nightlife's answer, which i did not understand at all before, i have some shade of doubt about my theory and your answer.

QuoteI did answer that for you by stating that any pressure applied will only intensify the outward pressure of the volume inside at all points.

maybe the pressure in the bigger areas would also push outwards?

rlortie, i think i understad your brake system example, but im not sure if we can compare that with what im asking, because maybe the brake system are separated pressure systems and in my example water (fluid) is only one and pressure applies in the same way all around.   ???

now im more  confussed  :D

any one else???

nightlife

loop888, "maybe the pressure in the bigger areas would also push outwards?"

I still don’t think you understood what I was saying. Let me try again.

If you add a pressure to a air tight container, the pressure added will be evenly distributed to the pressure all the walls already have. The walls will first expand outward where they have the least resistance. The least resistant is the center between two resistances.

rlortie

loop888,

rlortie, i think i understad your brake system example, but im not sure if we can compare that with what im asking, because maybe the brake system are separated pressure systems and in my example water (fluid) is only one and pressure applies in the same way all around.

yes you can compare it, air like water seeks its own level. It does not matter if it is contained in one container or a multitude of containers, as long as they are interconnected any pressure variance will equalize through out the system.

Take two expandable containers one large and one small, run an air tight  hose between them. push them under water, the small container will start expanding as the area of the large container pushing inward creates more pressure due to the larger area of compression. 

The water increases in PSI the farther you sink it and the air increases in PSI  pushing outward pressure, or psi remains the same in both containers but the smaller one has less area being pressed inward  

loop888

Quote from: rlortie on November 17, 2008, 01:10:56 AMTake two expandable containers one large and one small, run an air tight  hose between them. push them under water, the small container will start expanding as the area of the large container pushing inward creates more pressure due to the larger area of compression.

now that image help me so much to understand it, thanks a lot!! :)