Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why seek a God particle - when God doesn't exist?

Started by ScaryTruth, November 17, 2008, 05:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScaryTruth

Maybe it's best that the poster/author of the article isn't allowed to delete commentary composed under less than ideal conditions. Such as narrowly, pre-conceived mindsets devoid of material evidence, kneejerk reactions feigning profundity largely for the sake of self gratification or a lack of preparation as a result of missing the entire point.

utilitarian

Quote from: TechStuf on November 17, 2008, 05:17:21 PM

However there is no shortage of misled ones who, instead of taking Christ at His word, that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life and that none shall come unto Yahweh but through Him.....instead fulfill the prophecy that wolves in sheeps clothing would come unto the children of God, attempting to appear as 'angels of light' in order to deceive.

It is pointless to try to shore up your position that the Christian god exists by citing the Bible.  That is not credible evidence.

ResinRat2

This is pointless debate regardless. Even searching outside of God's existance does not give us an answer even with all our science and technology.

From my point of view all I need to look at is the amazing design of the human body. Just look at the amazing intricacy of the ear, with its delicate eardrum and tiny bones. The nerve connections into the brain. The design of the human shoulder with its synovial fluid and cartilage joint. The attachments of the ligaments and tendons. The design of the muscle structure with its overlapping fibers that respond to the brain's commands. The complete design of the eye with its lens and involuntary muscles that contract and change its shape to focus on objects that aren't even part of the body. The enzymes, hormones, and chemical reactions that keep our bodies alive all function in harmony during good health. The anti-bodies that attack bacteria and virus invaders. It is absolutely incredible that anyone who studies these workings could come to any other conclusion; but I can understand why. It is frightening to believe that there is a being that can see all that you do and judge your life after your death. It is easier to believe that no one is watching in our most private moments and thoughts.

I could go on and on, but still those who refuse to believe of a grand designer will never be convinced. It is a matter of faith, and this is where I believe God has planned it all so splendidly. There is no scientific test that can prove God's existance, and that is the way it MUST be in order to allow each individual to decide by the decision of faith. It is no accident of nature.

Each individual, at some point in their life, makes a decision on this matter. That decision will be the deciding factor for which they will be responsible.

For me the decision is obvious. For others, not so certain. That is where you must pray and ask for guidance; otherwise it may never come to you again. Those who believe can understand what I am typing here. Those without belief will be blinded by their own pride.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

utilitarian

Quote from: ResinRat2 on November 30, 2008, 12:11:51 PM
It is frightening to believe that there is a being that can see all that you do and judge your life after your death. It is easier to believe that no one is watching in our most private moments and thoughts.

How do you get from creation of the living organism to seeing all you do, reading your mind constantly, and judging you after your death?  One does not follow from the other.

ResinRat2

Quote from: utilitarian on November 30, 2008, 01:51:10 PM
How do you get from creation of the living organism to seeing all you do, reading your mind constantly, and judging you after your death?  One does not follow from the other.

What are you talking about? That is the very definition of an all-knowing and all-seeing God.

If you are expecting me to convince you of God's existence then I can assure you that most likely will not happen. The only person that can convince anyone of God's existance is themself. If you believe that the amazing design of the human body is from evolution and random events  with no intelligence to guide it then I am sorry to say you are without hope unless you look for the answer yourself.

Nobody is stupid on this forum. We are all intelligent enough to make our own intelligent decisions. All I can do is express mine, just as you express yours. The chasm between us will never be filled by debate between you and I; but I can say I used to believe in evolution when I was in high school. I am now a 49 year old chemist who has experienced much of life and religion and science, and I now am convinced that evolution is not the source of all life on this planet. To me it is as obvious as the biological wonders of the world around us.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.