Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why seek a God particle - when God doesn't exist?

Started by ScaryTruth, November 17, 2008, 05:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utilitarian

Quote from: TechStuf on December 01, 2008, 12:35:58 AM

Regarding the Creator, of course not.  Man's wisdom is foolishness to God.  Science can however, point to the right questions for those unaccustomed to the consistent application of faith.

Afterall, all mankind relies upon faith of one kind or another.  Also expecting faith from his fellow man.

Without faith in himself, or his fellow man,

He becomes a beast.

Blessings in Yeshua, Jesus Christ,

Mitch

You know, even without resorting to science, Christianity makes no sense.  Have you even considered the behavior of your Jesus Christ, meek, mild and loving?

Why would a loving and all-powerful god create a hell, or allow a hell to exist, where his beloved creations are allowed to endure endless and infinite torture?  Does that sound like something a loving god would do?  And, mind you, the endless and terrible torture is not doled out to merely the murderers of the world.  In fact, a murderer who on his deathbed says "I'm sorry," and "accepts" Jesus Christ is spared eternal damnation.  But an upstanding Jewish person, who has done nothing but good his entire life, providing for his family, being charitable in the community, helping many through his good profession, is condemned to burn in Hell for all eternity.

I have posed this paradox to several devout Christians, and the typical response I get is: Hell is the absence of Jesus Christ in your life.  Man chooses to accept Jesus or not, and separating yourself from Jesus results in going to Hell.  This this I say - baloney!  When the result of something is certain, inaction is the same as action.  God is all-knowing, therefore he knows what will happen to his loving creations.  God is all-powerful, therefore he can make himself present everywhere, destroying Hell in the process.  God is loving, so he would not be so pernicious as to allow someone to be tortured endlessly merely for not being a sycophant.  Yet, Hell exists, according to Christian scripture.

If you want references, why don't you watch Religulous or read God is not Great, by Christopher Hitchens.  Open your mind a little bit, too.

sparks

Who or what controls the massive Birkeland currents that are emitted from galactic core poles that create and support all the millions of stars living around them.  It sure aint the president of this tribe or the emperor of that.  Or some religious zealot.  Never leave it up to a God to do what you can for the good of all beings.  It's a win win situation.  Neglect abuse put yourself above any other being and what goes around will come around just a matter of time before you reap what you sow.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

ResinRat2

This thread has now reached the level of pointless back and forth comments. One side insulting the idea of a God and those that believe in God, the other defending the belief of God's existance.

Neither side will change the other's mind.

Ho hum. Waste of memory space.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

utilitarian

Quote from: ResinRat2 on December 01, 2008, 10:10:51 AM
This thread has now reached the level of pointless back and forth comments. One side insulting the idea of a God and those that believe in God, the other defending the belief of God's existance.

Neither side will change the other's mind.

Ho hum. Waste of memory space.

Back and forth comments are what is otherwise known as a discussion.  I take it you cannot resolve the paradox I posed.  By the way, i did not insult the idea of God.

yaz

"You know, even without resorting to science, Christianity makes no sense."

Evolutionism makes less sense. Hmmm...if I have a mosquito and throw a billion years at it, the mosquito will magically morf into an elephant and every creature in between...no? Ok, throw another billion or even 972 trillion years at it.... puhhl-eese!!!

You truly need, WAY more FAITH to believe in that evolution horseshit, than you do believing in GOD!
Soooo...the scientist's do believe in a god!?! ....TIME!  Just add time to anything and you'll get all sorts of creatures from basically nothing! ::)

"Why would a loving and all-powerful god create a hell, or allow a hell to exist, where his beloved creations are allowed to endure endless and infinite torture?"

Well, God DIDN'T create hell for man but ONLY for the devil and his angels (demons).
Mathew 25-41 "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels."

We are created with a FREE will. ;D

He creates us free because He wants our love for him to be genuine. God loves people so much that he allows them to ultimately decide what they want to do with their lives rather than reserving that choice for Himself, and turning them into happy robots.
The only way humans can be truly free is if they have a real choice to reject God. If God denies existence to all those he foreknows will use their choice to reject Him, then the choice to reject God that exists for those who remain, is not a real choice. They have to have a real ability to reject God if they want to, not a pretend one, for Free Will to exist. God does not use his foreknowledge to predestine human destinies.

Earth belongs to God, we are just here for a season (100 years if you're lucky). God makes the rules...either we go along with Him or we don't, simple as that...free will??

All humans are sinners. We all deserve to be in hell. God loves us so much that he gave us an escape  plan from hell, and that is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour right up to your last breath, but after that it'll be too late.

Hell exists, and it is necessary. God is making every possible effort to keep us away from there, in much the same way as you might try to warn motorists that a bridge is out ahead of them. Never mind about the reason, the bridge is just out...