Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why seek a God particle - when God doesn't exist?

Started by ScaryTruth, November 17, 2008, 05:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utilitarian

Quote from: Trino Cularoid on December 01, 2008, 01:41:19 PM
Because he/she/it gives them the freedom to experience whatever they desire, even allowing them to create a law that there should be a hell if they desire so, and view he/she/it in whatever way they desire to?  ;D

That is no freedom.  It's as if someone had a gun to your head, saying, well, you can give me your money, or I will shoot you.  You could argue that the person threatened still has freedom, but really it is not so.  The threat of endless torture is so great, that it removes free will from the equation.  If God really wanted humans to have free will, why the need for such a threat to coerce a specific action?

utilitarian

Quote from: yaz on December 01, 2008, 01:40:30 PM
Quote:
"One of the most often-used weapons in the skeptic’s arsenal is to seize statements from religious people that make God look like a cruel despot waiting to cast any and everyone into a torturous lake of eternal fire. However, this frequently lands the skeptic in a less-than-defensible position when the actual text of the Bible is consulted. Consider the following paragraph from Ronald Defenbaugh, a self-avowed atheist:..."

Also "Although many skeptics have tried to portray God as an evil tyrant Who condemns innocent children to eternal destruction, their arguments are without merit or any semblance of biblical credence. In the words of Jesus Christ, “Let the little children come to me.”

See  http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2255

Have you actually read that passage?  In it, people were bringing little children to Jesus to be touched, but the disciples were turning them away.  Jesus was telling his disciples to allow the children to come to him.  Jesus never says that baptism is not necessary for children in order to avoid eternal damnation.  And to imply that baptism is not necessary for salvation would stand Mark 16:16 on its head.  Mark 16:16  is plain and direct: "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

Trino Cularoid

Quote from: utilitarian on December 01, 2008, 01:50:54 PMThat is no freedom.

Unless you are aware that it's only a (let's say, for illustrative purposes, computer) game and that you (as a being who is able to exist without a body) can't really get hurt in such a way that it would destroy you completely...

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: ResinRat2 on December 01, 2008, 10:10:51 AM
This thread has now reached the level of pointless back and forth comments. One side insulting the idea of a God and those that believe in God, the other defending the belief of God's existance.

Neither side will change the other's mind.

Ho hum. Waste of memory space.

"Paradox is a pointer telling you to look beyond it. If paradoxes bother you, that betrays your deep desire for absolutes. The relativist treats a paradox merely as interesting, perhaps amusing or even, dreadful thought, educational." - Leto

"The defiling of a god is an ancient human tradition. Why should I (or yours) be an exception?" - Leto

"You could drag humankind almost anywhere by manipulating the enormous energies of procreation. You could goad humans into actions they would never have believed possible. ...This energy must have an outlet. Bottle it up and it becomes monstrously dangerous. Redirect it and it will sweep over anything in its path. This is an ultimate secret of all religions." - Bashar Miles Teg

"ho hum, waste of memory space." now that's the best description i have ever heard of a discussion about the 'reality' of some metaphysical shepherd entity...

There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: utilitarian on December 01, 2008, 02:10:08 PM
Have you actually read that passage?  In it, people were bringing little children to Jesus to be touched, but the disciples were turning them away.  Jesus was telling his disciples to allow the children to come to him.  Jesus never says that baptism is not necessary for children in order to avoid eternal damnation.  And to imply that baptism is not necessary for salvation would stand Mark 16:16 on its head.  Mark 16:16  is plain and direct: "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

hold up one part of the book and throw out the other... that's christianity in a nutshell.
an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth... turn the cheek not seven times but seven times seven times.

@ yaz
i am NOT a sinner, dumb ass. you may be, it is fine for you to include yourself in your own fantasy but don't drag us 'heathens' into it. we are not 'guilty by association'
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe