Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowclaw

Quote from: tysb3 on April 01, 2010, 11:03:30 PM
Hi ,resonanceman.
Now just about strong pulse about 75V, or more. I don't  tune this enough.
Secondaries on the next.
Now I put to charge 1 ded 6V dead alkaline battery on first jt ( on "+" and "-" C1 )  and 1 ded 6V rechargeble battery on second jt ( straight on C  Q2  and "-" C1 )
I'll keep ower night and see how to change voltage on feeding 1.3V rech. battery.
I change ZD1 to 6.8V and put R2 1.3K

Hi tysb3,

The JT thread is all about keeping the circuit as basic and as simple as possible for a given output. The whole concept is to minimise the current draw from your source battery while at the same time producing the highest useful output from your circuit. Take a closer look over the past projects that have been posted in this thread to get some ideas of how things have steadily developed over time.

detrix42

@all:  A couple of days ago, my wife was at a store (Walmart), and picked me up 3 used disposable cameras.  I have successfully removed the transformer, and the large capacitor.  Thanks to the posts on this thread, I was able to wire it up correctly, and get over 300v out of a 1.5v battery. This is amazing. I do plan on hooking this up to my Newman motor real soon.

thanks to every one for their help.

tysb3

Hi, crowclaw
This is simple as possible JT  :)  who's feeding another  simple as possible JT (instead lamps or leeds) who give strong high voltage pulse and feedback source battery at the same time.
It's only 2 transistors.
I see on this tread circuits with 2 transistors
If it's too  complicated , than sorry

The Observer

Tsyb,

Great work.
I am new to the Joule Thief Circuit...
        although I theorized a couple years ago that a ferro core / resonance could have some interesting effects.

After building my 1st Joule Thief Circuit one of the first things I wondered was..

What would happen if I fed a Joule Thief into another Joule Thief ?

Heck... make it 5 or 10, but 2 is a good start.

To those knowledgeable of this thread.

What is the status of experiments pertaining to feeding the JT into another JT into another JT ect?

The Observer

tysb3

Hi, The Observer,
ty,
what we win on this circuit - feedback source battery , strong (amperage), high voltage pulse.
what we loose - loose too mach frequency :'(    ;)