Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMag

NPN   Not Pointing iN

PNP  Pointing iN Proudly

jeanna

@MK1

I just exchanged the 2222 that I have for the 3904 I have been using in my breadboard experiments. I may not matter, but just to be clear, the toroid in this is the half wound one with the 1 1/2 turn secondary.

The 2222 draws .44A from the same exact set up where the 3904 draws only 0.33A
So, the lights look about the same brightness, but the amp draw is higher with the 2222.

=======
May I get an explanation please?
About counting the turns. If I start at the outside of the toroid and feed both ends through the middle and end where I started, is that 2 turns? It seems one turn to me one complete turn. There are however 2 strands of wire going through the center to get there.
Ist used a way to close the wire by twisting it onto itself and so close it. Is that one turn?

Thank you,

jeanna

@MrMag   ;D thanks. I will see if that helps. thanks for trying.

TheNOP

for turn reference see  MK1 post.

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6123.msg153563#msg153563

a U shape count as 1, even if you make it a twisted paires outside the toroid.

resonanceman

I have been very busy  lately

I  was trying to read this thread  but havn't  had  any time to  read  the  older  posts 
I  have gotten to page   40 .......   been there all week

I  picked up  a couple Mosfets   at  radioshack   when I was near there.

Has anyone   here  tried  a mosfet  joule thief?

the  mosfets I got  are  IRF510  they  are only 60  volt ...... I was looking for a higher  voltage .....but that  is all that they had  .

I would  appreciate   a link or 2   about   Mosfest and joulethiefs  if  possible
Not  trying to  avoid doing my homework .... just trying to streamline it a little so I might  actually  have time to build  something  this weekend .

gary

amigo

@Pirate88179

This thread is moving faster again and it's difficult to reply to posts from six or more pages ago... :)

I'm sorry if my post sounded like a downer, as I explained to gadgetmall it was not my intention. I was of the opinion that the direction of this thread has lost its coherence but I realize now that everyone, including yourself, likes to get their hands dirty so to speak, and just dive into it, trying various things.

Therefore I will take the sidelines and observe instead of partaking. Just because I don't agree with something does not mean it wouldn't be fun for others to do. :)

Thanks.