Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNOP

@All
after reading one of jeanna reports, i noticed that one of my reply to IST might confuse peoples.
i could not edit it back.

Quote from: ISTit will make a difference layered as it will pick up the other half .. on the back wind no?

Quote from: TheNOPin term of volts you will see at the output, it does not matter.
in term of self inductance and self capacitance, there are differences with the way you wind your coils.

the volt/amp per turn will be the same no matter how you lay your coils.

the way you lay a coil will make the self inductance and self capacitance of a coil different for each way you wind it.

in the joule thief circuit, changing inductance and/or capacitance of the circuit will change the frequency its operate at.
if frequency change, output volt/amp will change, same thing happen when changing resistance to the base.

Quote from: Koen1 on February 10, 2009, 07:19:03 AM
@all: Is there a common goal to our tinkering here, at all?
It is clear we're all playing with Joule Thief setups and variations
on the circuit, but what are we trying to do, really?
Is the goal to light as many LEDs as possible on one AA,
or is it to light as many CFTs on one AA, or is it to get one nearly
empty AA to light many LEDs, or is it to get actual OU output
from a JT variation...
... or is it just to toy around with a small transformer?

The camera mods are all roughly related to trying to light fluorescent
tubes, the classics to lighting LEDs, but then there's IST and
MK who appear to have something in mind seeing their large
numbers of posts, but it is unclear what...

Anyone for making some sense out of the jumble of sidelines here? ;)

common goal is: learning
the goals are all of what you mentioned.
don't you like things that actualy work and can be use for something ?

IST and MK1 are not the only ones that have something on their mind...

jeanna

Hi everyone,
I just finished my test on the core.
To review, I used the core that has given me the best results by far. I used this core for the MK1 and the Hybrid and it just worked so well. I used the worst performing combination of turns. One that drew more amps to make a dim light.

That winding was 6T, 6t bifilar with a 6 turn secondary.
I think this proves that the core makes a big difference.

To review, the jt toroid made with 6T,6t with 6 secondary turns on the "charcoal" ferrite core, the secondary produced these results:

Base Var resistor 20K ohm
9.6mA draw , 1.16 rect voltage- lights are very dim

to make the lights bright I needed to make the  Base var resistor 645 ohm
27.8mA draw. , 1.46 rect voltage

NOW
This toroid today also has 6T,6t bifilar with 6 turns secondary.
As a joule thief with the light in at the C and E positions the light is blazing. It hurts to look at it.
22.3mA (this is more light than I expect at 22.3 mA, (but this is a subjective value.)
24.4mA (NO LIGHT at all. This is just the transistor in place in the circuit!!! higher than with a light!)

with 6 turns secondary
21.6mA draw from the secondary 3 lights blazing bright.

I turned the var resistor to 20kohm where the lights are nice and bright.
4.2mA draw, 1.6 rect voltage.

so at 20kohm with the filter core
the amp draw is about half,
the volts produced are nearly 50% more, and
the lights are very much brighter!

same transistor, caps breadboard lights all the same except the different cores.

thank you,

jeanna

Mk1

@all

I think its time to repost this one ? I would really like a positive feedback on this one! ;)
Also it need to build momentum.

Look how nice it is.

@koen1
I don't care much about ou , but powering a city on a 1.5v battery that is still unproven but theorize has plausible , unlike ou. Also the fact that this runs from very low voltage and amps
makes it possible to run from (pelletier, solar panel, mini wind turbine , peizo , Hall sensors , even 2 galvanic ground wire,from air ? etc ) anything they can't sell me on pay per use. If that is all that is needed then  why ou ? It takes money to make money , i think it take electricity to make electricity . 

jeanna

Quote from: slayer007 on February 10, 2009, 04:18:12 PM

Thanks Bill

Yes, There linked like a darlington pair.

There both 2n3055's ones base is hooked up to the joule thief then it has the positive coming into the collector.
Then the emitters going to the base of the other.
Then the collector of the second one goes to the JT and the emitter's going to negative of the source.
Thanks for doing that slayer.

What a great thing!

It is so much easier than that fuji board with its unknown transformer. and these are high voltage switching transistors, not really meant for much amplification, I understand. (Someone told me the hfre is only 2 or 3 on these 3055's) (so, I bought some)  ;D

thank you ,

jeanna

Pirate88179

Slayer007:

I just ordered a boatload of the 2n3055's so I can finally complete my Bedini motor. (SSG)  So, since I will have about 50 of these lying around, I should be able to attempt to replicate your work.  I just wish I had more time.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen