Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nievesoliveras

@all

A very inexpensive test would be to wind a toroid with, 4turns bifilar first coil and 32turns secondary.
Why I say that that would be an easy inexpensive test?

Because 20/160 is equivalent to 1/8. Thus 4turns times 8turns equals 32turns

so: 20/160 is equivalent to 4/32. Both gives as a result 0.125 that is equivalent to 1/8.

I dont know if just 1/8 will work with the transistor. So I think that 4/32 will be safe for the electronic parts.

What do you think?

Jesus

Pirate88179

@ Koen1:

Yes, the "bugger sucker" is just a small, usually blue squeeze bulb (maybe 3" dia) with a plastic nozzle tip.  You have to be a little careful not to melt the tip but it is really no problem.  If it was, like you said, you could put a glass or copper tube extension on it but I don't think it is needed.  These are about $2.00.  You can find them in the baby section of most grocery stores by the food and the bottles, etc.  Or, you can buy one in an electronics store for more money and I'll bet they are made at the same factory...they look very much the same.  I agree with your take on the fires as well.

Slayer:

Nice video man. (5 stars)  I'll bet you don't need that 12 volt battery to light the cfl.  Where did you find a 2" toroid?  Thanks.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Pirate88179

LarryC posted this in another topic.  This is a great litle screen capture program that is free and works very well.  You can do screen capture shots of schematics from videos, etc.  I thought i would pass it on.

ScreenHunter 5.0

This is available from cnet as well as many other download sites.  I loaded it this morning and it works as advertised.
much easier and better than the one I used to use.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Mk1

@all

I made a mk1 style on a ferrite last night, My first real ferrite , So there it is 37 turns pickup coils with 8 jt turns.
The first thing is it works about the same on a broader freq range that is good , but i am sorry the output (22v)is lower then some iron i got.

I also tried changing the jt coil every time i remove a turn , the voltage goes up by 3 volt , until you reach a 3 turn then the effects stops , so by the end i got 36 volts, It work with even 1 turns but gave 33 volts only, I get good voltage out of any type of core because i tune then !
This ferrite also is emitting a sound real cool for a musician to hear a project , because it speaks about the freq , i don't have a scope so it a substitute .

I you can get good result from the pickup coil then tune it , you have to get the right freq, i can not stress that enough! Just use a pot or trimpot to find the right value for the core in the first place! If you lower the battery voltage it all fine but tune the core first!

Also I can't really see a big advantage to this project if cant get the best of the toroid in the first place , 20 ma at 1kh and 1ma at 20kh is the same?

For the recycling bit , solder wick is really nice to work with and a cheap alternative , but you will run out eventually ,
I don't even bother with it any more since some some pc PS need a i think a 75 watt iron to work easy , i only got a 50watt
so, just break the board with a par of pliers to get those toroid .

Mk1

Sorry double post , PC issue , I am going down,lol , messenger down, internet half dead , this side takes like 3 minutes to load a page then try logging in , just got a new one explorer opened about a thousand pages, crap.

Keep the good work, I will be back!

Mark

For screen capture , Just press Ctrl and Prt Scr, Then open paint and select in its window paste and save it any format you like.(windows)