Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by Pirate88179, November 20, 2008, 03:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mk1

@all

I am back and will stay !

Thanks for all the support !

@Ist , check mate buddy , some bend , those that don't just break ...
Sunday is the day of the lord ... you got what you deserve ...

@pirate

You can erase the last few pages post from me and ist .

@Stepan

Thank you !

detrix42

@all:  Here is something I am figuring out about the Joule Thief.  With my current setup, it does not matter what the input voltage is, I still get 120v out.  This is why a 1.5v battery drained to .5v can still power an LED.  This is very interesting. So what do I have to do the get more voltage out.  I would love to power my Newman motor with only 1.5v input.  My guess is the number of windings in the larger side of the coil.  So I will definitely want to try an automobile's ignition coil. 

I believe you only need enough to bias the base-emitter junction of the transistor.  And perhaps the speed at which the transistor can be switched on and off plays a factor in how much I can get out of a JTC.  Hmmmm...............................

I have included a schematic of my setup, which seems to be the best efficiency (voltage wise, most bang per volt).  I did not include a voltage value, because it seems to not matter.

Eastov

detrix,

Less turns on primary and more turns on secondary, you can get over 1kv. Another example is winding three coils on a 2.5 inch toroid core, 2 turn primary and 10 turn secondary (JT), with the collector at 80 turns.  Those little flash camera circuits also put out over 1kv. 

http://youtube.com/jeannacav
http://youtube.com/lidmotor

e
east

woopy

Hi Slayer

Always testing the main coil  and today i could get a nice very stable 2mm long plasma arc with about 100 ma at 12 volts.

What is remarkable is that the Arc does not appear when i turn the current on. I have to light my CFL tube first   (by contacting the main coil)  than i have to slowly get away the CFL tube until the light desapears  and only than the plasma arc is on.

It seems to be the necessity to turn the coil outer power on.

Very interesting

Can you explain why we need to turn this outer power on ? And can somebody explain me what is the power in a plasma arc.  The smelling of ionised air is quite strong and depending of the gap distance it can burn my table. !

Regards

Laurent

guruji

[A author=detrix42 link=topic=6123.msg235096#msg235096 date=1269795045]
@all:  Here is something I am figuring out about the Joule Thief.  With my current setup, it does not matter what the input voltage is, I still get 120v out.  This is why a 1.5v battery drained to .5v can still power an LED.  This is very interesting. So what do I have to do the get more voltage out.  I would love to power my Newman motor with only 1.5v input.  My guess is the number of windings in the larger side of the coil.  So I will definitely want to try an automobile's ignition coil. 

I believe you only need enough to bias the base-emitter junction of the transistor.  And perhaps the speed at which the transistor can be switched on and off plays a factor in how much I can get out of a JTC.  Hmmmm...............................

I have included a schematic of my setup, which seems to be the best efficiency (voltage wise, most bang per volt).  I did not include a voltage value, because it seems to not matter.
[/quote]

Hi detrix what transistor and diode are you using?
Thanks