Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why does mass slow time?

Started by gravityblock, November 25, 2008, 05:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

You can't just think of time as being a measurement because the length, width, and height of an object is also a measurement of the distance between two different points. According to Einstein, at the speed of light, length shrinks to zero and time stands still. Think of it this way: If you leave the face of a clock at the speed of light, the light that leaves after you can never catch up with you, therefor time has stopped. Also, if
something has a length, it must take time to pass.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

Quote from: erickdt on November 29, 2008, 09:59:35 PM
I think you have it a bit backwards. Fluctuations between space and time cause the phenomena of gravity. It is a symptom of a process not a cause. Matter simply exists just like energy. It is when that energy acts on that matter, propelling it through space and time that the phenomena of gravity occurs. As an object accelerates it creates a sort of "dip" in space and time. It makes sense when you think about it: Imagine two parallel lines. One is space one is time. As an object accelerates it takes less time to traverse the same ammount of space. So now one of our lines (time) remains straight while the line that represents space dips down. This is because in the same ammount of time you're travelling a larger expanse of space. This dip in space represents the phenomena of gravity as well as a different time frame all together. This is called special relativity which has recently been proven: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081120/sc_afp/sciencephysicseinstein_081120235605

I agree with everything you have said in the above, but you did not explain how, why or what is causing the fluctuations of space and time that causes gravity. What is causing the fluctuations between space and time?  I say it is the energy that is leaked from a large mass that is causing the fluctuations between space and time. In physics, a gravitational wave is a fluctuation in the curvature of spacetime which propagates as a wave, traveling outward from a moving object or system of objects (Does this not sound like leaked energy from the large mass that is causing the wave?). Gravitational radiation is the energy transported by these waves. It is this leaked energy (gravitational radiation) that is responsible for creating the gravitational waves that is carrying the gravitaional radiation or leaked energy, which in turn causes the space and time to be curved.  This is inline with GR and SR I believe.

The electromagnetic (EM) spectrum is the range of all possible electromagnetic radiation frequencies. This includes radio waves, microwaves, light, infrared, x-rays, gamma rays, etc. The energy (radiation) is being transported due to these electromagnetic waves just like the gravitational waves is transporting the gravitational radiation or leaked energy.  I guess physics just decided to give the wave that carries this energy a different name from the waves of the electromagnetic spectrum and I say they are one and the same, but I could be wrong. The electromagnetic waves and gravitational waves must be the same because they are both waves, carrying energy (radiation), and have a frequency, wavelength, etc

I think we agree, but looking at it from a different point in the process and not having it a bit backwards. One of the reasons why physics is so hard to understand is because things in physics are not very well defined and uses different terms for similar things, just my perspective on physics. This is the reason why this thread is in the Half Baked section.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

froarty

Could gravity be explained as the  nuclei of everything in the present forming a mesh net that sinks forward in time? As "future" virtual particles flow into the present they would both "squeeze through" the nuclei and "around" it. This difference between VP streaming "around" the nuclei versus VP squeezing "through" the nuclei would superimpose a high speed venturi stream exiting the nuclei onto a normal wake pattern which might set up the "equilibrium" points we call "shells". The poor electron's desire to reach it's proton is balanced by this displacement pressure of the VP and it settles into these Lagrange points. A single hydrogen atom should orient directly into the "past" but multiple electrons in the atom or in adjacent atoms will set up oscillations between their electrical repulsion of each other and the time stream trying to pin them straight back into the past. The uncertainty principle proves that the electrons are knee deep in the time stream because we know temporal anomalies are subjective and that someone standing on the electron would move smoothly from one location to another by simple physical displacement in the time stream. This proves that the "Present" is experienced from the perspective of the "nuclei mesh" sinking in the sea of time.The "pressure on the "mesh" would grow with mass accounting for gravity. The "present" we experience is the VP streaming around and through our "1 nuclei mesh" . The"fluctuations" would simply be the interactions between the time stream and sub atomic particles like the electron oscillations I suggested previously. -Did I say anything really wrong or really new?
VR

erickdt

Perhaps this illustration I've made will better explain what I'm thinking:

Now, this is drawn in two dimensions, try to imagine it across all four. In the context of four dimensions this dip and all of its contents disappear from any view not within the newly established timeframe (caused by special relativity). Some might call this another dimension. This phenomena could also be responsible for the abundance of "dark matter" out there.

Kator01

Hi Folks,

the Link here I found years ago ( Energy-Density alters time ):

http://www.allanstime.com/Research/Pendulum/index.html

You also should pay attention to his vita :

http://www.allanstime.com/Bio/index.html

Best Regards

Kator01