Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why does mass slow time?

Started by gravityblock, November 25, 2008, 05:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: hansvonlieven on January 03, 2009, 02:36:59 AM
Perhaps the real question here should be: " Does mass slow time or does it slow down clocks?"
Hans von Lieven

Aha!

Yep, mass can slow down our ways of quantisation / measuring "time".... "Clocks" mechanisms and workings made in many ways...

But is there really a way to influence the "time" as a logical progress of events, or a continuation of happenings?

A million Dollar question (better, a correct answer to that question)...

Will you stop aging old if you stop all those clocks? Can you slow bio-mechanism if one chooses to constantly travel Westwise?

Ah, never mind...
Cheers!
"Ex nihilo nihil"

PYRODIN123321

Peace.

gravityblock

Quote from: hansvonlieven on January 03, 2009, 02:36:59 AM
G'day all,

Perhaps the real question here should be: " Does mass slow time or does it slow down clocks?"

Hans von Lieven

Good question Hans and glad to see you making a distinction between time and clocks.

I believe that mass slows time and also slows down clocks. Einstein said at the speed of light, time stands still, or as you approach the speed of light, time slows down. A photon is believed to be massless when at rest, and not even the photon can travel faster than the speed of light because time has stopped for the photon. Without time you can not accelerate to a higher speed.

What I find interesting is how physics talk about photons and virtual photons. A photon can be detected but a virtual photon has never been detected or isolated.  The photon is also the force carrier of the electromagnetic force. When a photon strikes a metal plate it ejects an electron, and this can be seen in solar panels. Physics says virtual photons are responsible for the magnetic lines of force in a  permanent magnet, but have never been detected. When you pass a conductor through a magnetic field it causes electrons to move along the conductor similiar to a photon striking a metal plate. It appears that photons are responsible for the movement of electrons. I believe the reason why virtual photons can't be detected is because the magnetic lines of force is providing "time" for the virtual photon to accelerate faster than the speed of light, thus the virtual photon is escaping detection or possibly in another dimension.   Magnethos in post #35 said he thinks "Time is a vector inside the magnetic spectrum of energy. Since Matter is EM energy...."  Also, If black holes have a magnetic field, and it can get out, this seems to imply that virtual photons (flux quanta) can travel faster than the speed of light! Black holes may evaporate by a process known as Hawking radiation, (named after Stephen Hawking who theorized it).

I didn't answer your question Hans, but if you look at Planks constant, you may find the answer.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

Quote from: spinner on January 03, 2009, 03:07:03 AM
Aha!

Yep, mass can slow down our ways of quantisation / measuring "time".... "Clocks" mechanisms and workings made in many ways...

But is there really a way to influence the "time" as a logical progress of events, or a continuation of happenings?

A million Dollar question (better, a correct answer to that question)...

Will you stop aging old if you stop all those clocks? Can you slow bio-mechanism if one chooses to constantly travel Westwise?

Ah, never mind...
Cheers!

I watched a tv program the other day that said without gravity a person ages faster than a person that is in gravity.  Also, without gravity you lose bone mass,etc......So they are experimenting with creating a gravitational field within a spacecraft so space travelers don't age faster and lose bone mass, etc. Gravity is related to the mass of an object.

Mass is energy, and energy is responsible for gravity, responsible for curving time, and responsible for curving space.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

duff

Perhaps you'd like to read Tesla's thoughts on curved space...

During the succeeding two years of intense concentration I was fortunate enough to make two far-reaching discoveries. The first was a dynamic theory of gravity, which I have worked out in all details and hope to give to the world very soon. It explains the causes of this force and the motions of heavenly bodies under its influence so satisfactorily that it will put an end to idle speculations and false conceptions, as that of curved space.

According to the relativists, space has a tendency to curvature owing to an inherent property or presence of celestial bodies. Granting a semblance of reality to this fantastic idea, it is still self-contradictory. Every action is accompanied by an equivalent reaction and the effects of the latter are directly opposite to those of the former. Supposing that the bodies act upon the surrounding space causing curvature of the same, it appears to my simple mind that the curved spaces must react on the bodies and, producing the opposite effects, straighten out the curves, Since action and reaction are coexistent, it follows that the supposed curvature of space is entirely impossible. But even if it existed it would not explain the motions of the bodies as observed. Only the existence of a field of force can account for them and its assumption dispenses with space curvature. All literature on this subject is futile and destined to oblivion. So are also all attempts to explain the workings of the universe without recognizing the existence of the ether and the indispensable function it plays in the phenomena.