Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Air Buoyancy Machine

Started by brian334, December 01, 2008, 05:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian334

Air Buoyancy Machine
Build yourself a 1000 ft. high tower. Make a continuous column of tanks on both sides of the tower. The tanks on one side of the tower are lighter than the air they displace and will rise.
The Tanks.
The tanks are cylinders with a diameter of about 10 ft. the tanks on the up side would be filled with a gas lighter than air. Each tank would have a compressor/turbine, a generator/electric motor and a separate tank to store the compressed gas. The weight of the tanks on the up side is exactly the same as the tanks on the down side, the only difference is the weight of the gas in the tank.
Method of Operation
Allow the tanks that are lighter than air to float up doing work, when the tanks get to the top use the compressor to pump the lighter than air gas into the separate storage tank. The tank than fills up with air and will sink. The compressed lighter than air gas will give back some of the energy it took to compress it at the bottom.
At the bottom release the compressed lighter than air gas using it to power a generator. Use the electricity  produced to compress the lighter than air gas at the top.
Note: There needs to be a piston in the tank to keep the lighter than air gas separate from the air.
At my website http://bsandler.com there is a gravity powered machine similar to this except it operates under water. At my website click on the tab at the top of the page marked GRAVITY MACHINE # 2

TinselKoala

Ah, Brian. Here we go again.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/themes/buoyant.htm

Just consider two tanks for now, one on the rising side, one on the sinking side. Let the rising one rise, doing work. An equal volume of water sinks. This is where the work comes from. On the other side, a tank sinks. IT MUST DISPLACE AN EQUAL VOLUME OF WATER BACK UP. This takes exactly as much work as you got from the rising tank. However you do it! Whatever mechanism!! You must raise that water back up!! The taller the outer tank, the farther you must raise that water back up!!!!!

(I like your hurricane eyewall vehicle idea, though...)

Alien509

TinselKoala

Alien, your design also suffers from the flaw that I try to illustrate in the video below. When the ball enters the column through the trap, it must displace an equal volume of water UP. This takes work. How much? The same amount you get from letting the ball float to the top.
And then your system has many sources of loss. The pump, the gearing, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFO7OvcvUl0

Alien509

When the ball enters the trap there is no water inside the trap. it has already been removed. When the door opens, the water comes in and the opposite door has closed. The actuator moves the ball over and the ball floats up. The force on the ball is the larger area, not the trap. The water displaced back out of the trap requires less force than the force generated by the ball moving the generator. Maybe you should look closer.