Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

what about the wimhurst generator?

Started by nitinnun, December 16, 2008, 03:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Nothing's wrong with it, it's just fatally inaccurate.

I'm glad you didn't blow your meter, though. If you check the internal fuse you may find out why the ammeter of the one isn't working.

By having the relatively low-impedance meter hooked up, you are indeed preventing the buildup of charge. Unfortunately, the machine, like all electrostatic induction or influence machines, depends on the buildup of charge in order to start working at all. So I'm not sure what you are measuring. But it's easy enough to prove that it isn't giving you 30 volts at 20 amps, isn't it? Got a car headlight lying around?
I still think that you got up to some high voltage and confused your meter, and got lucky and didn't harm it permanently.

"i checked my multimeter on a 9 volt battery, afterwords.
the battery read 8.3 volts, at 2.63 amps.
which is what 9 volt batteries usually read as."

Are you saying that you hooked your meter directly across the terminals of a 9-volt battery, in DC AMP mode, and it read 2.63 amps? No resistors or other loads, just the ammeter across the battery??

And a fully charged 9 volt alkaline battery should read something closer to 10 volts, no load.

nitinnun

the multimeters amperage setting, never worked from day one.
it never worked, years before i got this wimhurst.

you do understand that the multimeter creates a circuit, to test the voltage/amperage.
right?

the voltage/amperage of both polarities, are connecting together, inside the multimeter.

the multimeter HAS to test this way. because positive charge alone and negative charge allone, cannot be measured by any known electronics.
the 2 polarities can only be tested, WHEN MIXED TOGETHER INTO ELECTRICITY.

TinselKoala

Did you hook your multimeter directly across the poles of a nine volt battery, in the DC AMP setting?

Or did you arrange a resistive load, hook the battery to the load, measure the amps thru the load, and the voltage while under load (which is the correct way to do it)?

I understood your statement to mean the first. If the second, good for you and I apologize.

"the multimeters amperage setting, never worked from day one.
it never worked, years before i got this wimhurst."

Yes, that I do understand. But they generally have an internal fuse on the low amp connection, and this fuse commonly blows and is sometimes hard to find.

"positive charge alone and negative charge allone, cannot be measured by any known electronics"

This I disagree with, but again maybe there's a communication problem. Get a NE-2 neon bulb, the kind with two little rod electrodes inside. Tape one lead to a stick and let the other lead stick out. Hold it near the charged electrode of your machine. One or the other of the neon's rods will glow, depending on whether it is near the positive or the negative polarity. No circuit is needed, just the field gradient.
And that's just a single simple example that you can do yourself at home.

nitinnun

i'm not sure what you are asking.
but this is what i did:

i used clips,
to firmly connect the positive multimeter lead,
to the positive battery terminal.

and the negative multimeter lead,
to the negative battery terminal.

8.3 volts,
at 2.63 amps,
from the 9 volt battery.
(this 9 volt has been used a little, on other things. so it is not at full charge)

then i "completely disconnected" the multimeter, from the battery.
and hooked the multimeter up, to the wimhurst.

i used clips,
to firmly connect the positive multimeter lead,
to the positive wimhurst electrode.

and the negative multimeter lead,
to the negative wimhhurst electrode.

30 volts,
at 20 amps,
from the wimhurst
(at max hand cranking speed).

then i "completely disconnected" the multimeter, from the wimhurst.
and hooked it back up to the 9 volt batter.
the same way as before.

8.3 volts,
at 2.63 amps,
from the 9 volt battery.
just like before.

the multimeter DOES mix the 2 polarities together.
similar to a load.

because voltage/amperage can only be measured,
when the 2 polarities are mixed together, into electricity.

since the multimeter SHORTED OUT the 2 electrodes,
only the recharge rate per second, could be measured.

WITHOUT voltage build up,
and WITHOUT amperage stagnation.

nitinnun

the 2 polarities,
are still mixing together,
inside that neon bulb.

one polarity is just passing through the air,
to get into the bulb.

i think that neon bulbs use high frequency AC electricity.
but ANY frequency of AC electricity, can pass through the air.

even the unmixed polarities,
can travel a very short distance through air,
to reach an electrode.