Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

What is a NON-LINEAR Capacitor?

Started by Magnethos, December 21, 2008, 02:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnethos

What is a NON-LINEAR Capacitor? I have heard about it in the internet, and I asked some people but no body knows what it is.

DrSimon

Every capacitor!

Your question is incomplete? Non-linear in what way?

All capacitors are affected by Temperature, Gravity Waves and other Environmental factors depending on their physical structure.

Unless controlled by external management circuitry all capacitors are non-linear in charge and discharge. So what is the question??

Magnethos

I read this:
QuoteThe capacitors are all specially made for their types of square S curve. So you need a capacitor that can have a current against the voltage situation. Then you need a laser drive that operates with a positive ground and negative voltage. From there the circuit is just High voltage static pulsing across spark gaps wired to protection diodes and then wired to a nonlinear capacitor.

I thought if the guy said a nonlinear, it's because there are more kinds.

AbbaRue

Most capacitors are nonlinear.
A capacitor charges to 2/3 the input voltage in the first time constant.
Then to 2/3 of the remaining voltage in each additional time constant.
For all intensive purposes a capacitor is considered charged within 5 time constants.
But in reality a capacitor will never become fully charged with the input voltage.

A linear capacitor is one that would charge at a steady rate throughout the charge cycle.
I personally have never seen a linear capacitor and have no idea how one would  be constructed.
Here is one method of obtaining one.
http://invent.ucsd.edu/technology/cases/2005/SD2005-117.shtml
My guess is to use a variable input voltage that increases at the same rate as the capacitor charge increases.
In any case not a simple thing to construct.

nul-points

Quote from: Magnethos on December 21, 2008, 03:37:50 PM
I read this:

I thought if the guy said a nonlinear, it's because there are more kinds.

hi Mag

i believe in the context you're reading, 'non-linear' means the cap has a remnance curve (similar to the BH curve property of iron cores in inductors, transformers, motors, etc)

Google 'Ferroelectric Capacitor'

here's one to get you started:
  http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~ali/ferro/model.html

BTW i'd take a lot of Bearden's writings with a pinch of NaCl  !  ;)

double BTW...  while you're Googling 'Ferroelectric', check out 'Memristor' - now that is one funky discovery!!

all the best
sandy
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra